Stadium Expansion

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Piggybacking off of the previous thread about stadium expansion, I posted this last year about the stadium expansion.

End zone Renovation Project

Lets not pretend like Utah is the only school expanding its football facilities and comparing us to schools like Cal (massive debt) or private california institution likes Stanford and USC is faulty logic.

I think Utah has a very unique situation, especially for a school in the West. We desperatly need rennovations to the locker room, that much can’t be debated, but I also think we are in need of more seats in the stadium. I don’t think Utah will have any difficulty, now or in the future, filling a 50,000 to 55,000 seat stadium which is in line with most estimates for expansion.

There is nothing but positives that will come out of Utah expanding. I really don’t understand why so many people are against it. The only argument that is even valid is the cost of the project and ROI argument is a pretty bad one. Where was everyone when Utah built the basketball and football facilities? What about the tennis stadium? What type of ROI did these have? How many seats?

I say Utah should do it and sooner the better.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Just change the word Expansion to improvements. Did we “need” the largest ass screen in the SEZ?  No, but it sure as hell improved game day experience. Put replays on that, just make the ref turn his head instead of calling the booth. 

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

for reference UA’s football stadium is 90 years old and falling apart, the west side of their stadium will cost $150-$200 million to fix. Spending $50 million for the RES South End Zone project is cheap compared to what Cal, UW and ASU have had to do with their football digs.

We are pretty fortunate.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Investing in infrastructure periodically is so much cheaper. The Coliseum is run down and they have different goals to preserve the history. I think it would be cheaper if they did it periodically. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

People are against it because people like to whine. Two years ago, everybody was appalled that Utah hadn’t expanded yet. No that they are making plans? Time to whine again. 

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

This is probably the best answer I’ve heard and probably true.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stadium Expansion