Stadium

Viewing 4 reply threads

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I am always amazed at how many people’s inclination is to complain after hearing the news about the stadium. The expansion is too small, too expensive, not enough bleachers, blah, blah, blah.

If your reaction is anything other than this is a MASSIVE WIN for our football team, fans, recruits, etc. then you seriously need to check yourself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have my own opinions, but I’m smart enough to know that I don’t know. 

This news has been long awaited. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Almost all comments I’ve seen are positive, the only negative is the amount of affordable seats being added.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Whittingham is going to hang it up sometime in the next few years. 

When he does retire, we will most likely go through a transition period and hopefully maintain status as a respectable P5 school. 

When we transition, we will lose some games, and it will be harder to sell tickets. 

Sellouts are a big deal in terms of noise (big home field advantage) and a stat we can throw out when recruiting. 

Locker rooms are a big deal to recruits and prioritizing those should help us build the program more now, and weather the coaching transition storm. 

Better to keep the noise in and stay conservative on seating in order to maximize the present, transition period and future.

So I agree iamthepreacher, huge win. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.