Stanford v Northwestern being played in front of a few hundred fans….

Viewing 3 reply threads

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

Sad

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

What the hell is wrong with that fan base? Beautiful stadium, always competitive, Heisman trophy candidates, beautiful city. Nobody ever shows up.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

They have lots of homework. Lots.

Johnny80
        Ute Fan
        @johnny80

Was at the Utes/Cardinal game last year. When I asked a few of the locals (politely) why their stadium was so empty they said the Bay Area is more of a 49er town. Can’t understand why. I think Stanford consistently puts a better product on the field, has a beautiful tailgate atmosphere, and cheaper tickets. It’s a bummer for the team.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

The 49ers don’t fill their stadium either. Unless they’re good.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I know if I lived in the bay area and I had to choose between keeping the lights on and going to a football game, I’d have to choose electricity. Only because I have a family though. Rent up there is ridiculous and working class people, dont have extra money.

I did see some free tickets to the game, but they were for first responders and veterans. Probably not many veterans on the bay area and most first responders have to work labor day weekend.

Johnny80
        Ute Fan
        @johnny80

All very good points. I’m just relaying what I was told. And saying if I had the choice I would choose Stanford over the 49ers not only because I believe the quality of the product is better, but also because I enjoy college football more than pro.

I don’t understand how anyone can afford to live in the Bay Area. Ludicrous housing prices.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I couldn’t agree with you more. I wish the Utes were playing in Palo Alto this year. I’d make the drive up to see that. I won’t be driving to Santa Clara to watch the 49ers though.

Warrior Ute
            Ute Fan
            @warriorute

I’m in the North Bay area, about halfway between San Francisco an Sacramento.  I love it when the Utes play here.  You can get good seats for cheap if you can’t find free ones. 

I have been to the Farm twice to see the Utes beat Stanford, Cal stadium, SJSU, Fresno State, the Foster Farms bowl and last year’s PAC 12 championship game.  The most I spent per seat was $45.  As long as the Utes keep playing here I’m going to enjoy this benefit vs all the other out of control costs!

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

As a recent mover back, I can say it is really crazy pricewise, but tech salaries help. They also bring in a lot more people who care less about sports a lit of the time (with some notable exceptions). There are also tons of things to do with the nice weather. Just not a huge priority here comparatively.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Exactly. Tech guys aren’t into sports as much as working class people and that’s what I was getting at.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Cal also playing at home in front of literally tens of people.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Stanford v Northwestern being played in front of a few hundred fans….