Starting to get nervous.

Viewing 8 reply threads
      6 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Am I the only one who thinks there’s a decent chance that the Rose Bowl gets cancelled or postponed, or that they don’t allow fans? With how this new variant is spreading, I really wouldn’t be surprised.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

This post tracks…

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

I’m more concerned about key players/entire position groups being held out than the game being postponed or cancelled. It would be a shame to see starters on either team forced to sit out.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I hear ya, but here’s why I’m optimistic. California (who we all know is the Twilight Zone but they seem slightly less currently) will only do something like that if hospitals are at or really near max capacity. Which they aren’t and most likely will not be. And they are only canceling bowl games for teams who cannot field a full enough roster. And even those turd bowls are finding replacements. So not even canceled technically.

Also, in-person media availability will remain, but only two fully-vacvinated media members. Only big change is no media day on Dec 30th. 🌹 

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

I think postponed would be the 1st option. Too much money for them to do anything unless a team can’t play.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am only concerned about players not being allowed to play because of Covid protocol.  The kids going home for Christmas makes me nervous.

The city of Pasadena seems committed to holding the Rose Bowl with fans.  I highly doubt this changes.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

It’s my understanding the new omicron variant’s mild but spreading rapidly.

Hopefully, everyone’s available to play.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I don’t love that our whole team is going to Disneyland the week of the game.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

We just did this thread.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Starting to get nervous.