Stat of the Day: Utah @ UW

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Utah has the #1 rush defense in the PAC-12, giving up an average of 113 yards per game.
      UW has the 4th best rush defense, giving up an average of 136.6 yards per game.

Now for the Stat of the Day. UW has given up greater than 130 yards rushing in 5 games. Their record in those 5 games is 1-4. The one win they gave up 190 yards to USC in the Sark WTF loss, where USC should have just kept running the ball.

Some say rain could be a problem in this game. Not for Utah’s run game. Booker has ZERO fumbles in 200 rush attempts and just one fumble on a reception where he extended his reach with the ball in an attempt to make a first down against Cal. So if it rains, Utah can safely resort to an arguably good ground game, while UW will be left relying on the arm of a true freshman QB who’s stats are no better than TW’s and who can’t run as well as TW.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I think UW has a more vulnerable pass defense than ours. You can definitely put up yards against them in the air

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just hope Wilson sees the Washington linebackers. Or they drop the passes to them.

Also please have White helmets Wilson seems to do better with those bad boys on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The most important thing to win this game is Turnover Margin. Utah has not produced a turnover in the last two games and it has shown in our scoring. Utah has an average offense. If they manage the ball and the D produces turnovers, they will win. This is why I posted the above stat of the day. Ball control run game in the rain with a RB who has not fumbled in 200 carries. Feed the Beast. We just need Wilson to open some lanes for Booker and to not throw INTs to linebackers with the wrong color jerseys.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stat of the Day: Utah @ UW