Stats

Viewing 5 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

What statistical categories–besides final score and turnover margin–are most indicative of winning in college football?

When I read a box score, I first look at turnover margins.  But then I check the third-down conversion rates and the total first down differential.

Also–for the last few years, I’ve noticed Utah is frequently victorious when it has a respectable completion percentage and scores 7+ points in the fourth quarter.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by CincyUte.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

3rd down conversions

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Field position, making the other team start every drive deep in their own territory. (sound familiar?)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Utah needs to improve drastically on third down conversions and being more successful on first and second will help that out a lot.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

You mean we don’t want to be in 3rd and 7 and throw a 4 yard slant pass?

Anonymous
          Inactive

Or 3rd and 15 and a pass to Booker in the flat and watch him kick, claw scratch for 14 yards? Booker was such a crutch last season for Wilson.

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

many times completed to the middle linebacker :  )

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

Time of possession?

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

Oregon as an example would prove that time of possession is not that important.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

there is a stats website that lets you correlate any two statistics you choose. Anyone remember what its called?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yes, it’s called Ute2004’s playground.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.