Subscription, RSS, and The site wide activity feed

Viewing 1 reply thread

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I’ve noticed the subscribe button – anyone know how that works? does it send email notifications, does it go somewhere on the board like a personalized feed?

I know what RSS is, but never used it for discussion board before (this is really my only one) anyone have ideas/insights on ways to put it to use in this context?

re: site wide activity – it would be awesome if that was somehow customizable instead of a universal site wide feed. It’s probably just because this is day 1, but its short and new members and profile changes are not of real interest to me

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In forums typically a subscription is a forum you specially mark that you want to revisit. It will show up in your profile under subscriptions. Maybe you’re particularly interested in a couple of threads or something. Now, I have yet to even LOOK at it here so that’s just an assumption on that!

On the RSS side, you can have an app on your machine/phone which sucks the RSS feed in and can display it without you having to go to the site to read the posts. You could also place that feed in another site.

On the member site wide things, like “joe changed his profile picture” those can be turned off.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Subscription, RSS, and The site wide activity feed