Summer League

Viewing 3 reply threads

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Grayson’s stat line was pretty impressive in the summer league game yesterday. His shooting percentage was not good, but his ability as a shooter is already pretty well established. To me, the more important takeaway is what a good shooter does to contribute when the shots are not falling (i.e., get assists, rebounds, steals, play defense). He did great in that regard. I think he could end up being a fantastic fit for the Jazz and a real steal for where the Jazz drafted him, especially if he can take some of the scoring load off Mitchell (and I believe he can).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He is going to be good off the bench. Which is what the Jazz desperately needed many times last season. In the playoffs it felt like Spida couldn’t come off the floor. That’s what Allen needs to do. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I was impressed as well. Also, the three ball not falling, he took good shots, that was key, the ball just didn’t go in the hoop, and some think, that for the 3-pointer making it is a matter of random chance if you get a clean look that’s why the goal is to run guys off the three-point line.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

And he is resting tonight. Not really happy with that but whatevs it is summer league. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

It’s an injury issue. Hip abductor.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I am happy they kept Exum. Not so happy with the price though. He gets injured again they basically have to keep him for two seasons. I would have preferred two years. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I’m actually starting to feel bad for making fun of him so much for the incidents at Duke.  He’s looking like a good pick so far.  I really hope Snyder can develop him into a great bench player and potential starter.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

This. Good players find other ways to contribute if their shot isn’t falling. Play some D, or box out and get some boards. 

Snyder’s got a good thing going right now. I love the fact that the strength of the team is the team. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Summer League