Surprised to see this in the D news

Viewing 4 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Go Utes!!! Good to see our academic side picking up. This is one more of the millions of beneifts of PACmas. It will take our school from just another state school to an elite university. 

So freaking amaizng. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Taylor Randall and Brad Vierig are all-stars. Boom.

gnUTE
      Ute Fan
      @gnute

The changes that have happened already have transformed it into a completely different school.  I got my bachelors in 1998, and back then the experience was a true commuter school.  The rooms were packed, the campus life was fun, but nowhere like now.  I remember paying 800 bucks a quarter and just rushing to get through classes to graduate as quickly as possible.  I toured UCLA, USC, and Oregon in High School and remember wishing I could have afforded an experience like that.  

This year I went on school tours with my son.  We toured a few California schools and several Utah schools. The experience touring Utah’s facilities reminded me of how I felt touring USC in the 90s.  I was blown away at what a better educational experience it is now.  Honestly, UVU (which is actually a pretty cool campus) seemed the most similar college life to what I experienced at the U in the 90s. 

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

If it’s in the D news and it’s positive about the University of Utah, then its really newsworthy. They can be proud of how they write no fluff pieces about this university. No siree! The promo writers are focussed elsewhere.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Surprised to see this in the D news