Tanner Mangum’s first P5 win.

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Let’s all take a minute to congratulate 25-year-old, Senior QB at BYU, on his first P5 win!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Nebraska?

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Statistically that win goes to Taysom Hill since he started the game.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think the record books give that to Hill cause he started that game. 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Throwing a hail mary in the final play of the game doesn’t count.  🙂

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah lost 3/4 quarters to Mangum in Vegas how soon we forget how the final score doesn’t matter. 

9 2

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Honestly, I’m happy for the guy. Takes a lot to wade through all the crap he’s been through and still come out and play well enough for the W.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I have no problem with Mangum; just BYU in general.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He would have been better staying home in Boise. I don’t believe tds does any kid a favor for their careers. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

He threw much better last night. Their scheme was much better than last year. Congrats to them/him.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Did anyone else think that game plan was right out of the Utah playbook.

Run the ball, mix in passing to keep the defense off balance.  Use that to control the clock.

On defense stop the run first, take away the key receivers and force the QB to beat you.

Zona playing right into the strategy by attempting to keep Tate in the pocket where he is less effective.  If they do that against us it should be an easy win because in the past we’ve been killed by the mobile QBs at Zona.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Tate type players are usually Sitake scheme killers. It is just baffling to me that Zona played into exactly what Sitake wanted you to do. 8-9 carries for Tate?  You gotta make him rush the call close to 15 a game. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

He did look a lot better throwing but byu looks like they can pound the rock this year.  Arizona’s D-line being so soft took a lot of pressure off of Mangum.  It will be interesting to see what happens when byu needs to rely on Mangum’s arm to win them some games this year because several times last night 2017 Tanner Mangum was alive and well and throwing one-hoppers at his receivers feet.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I went to bed at halftime. Not staying up past bedtime for 2 hate-able teams. It’s unfortunate to wake up to see that tds won, but nice that it happened to AZ. While tds fans will be insufferable this week, at least we won’t have to hear Tate for Heisman. Also, Huntley is better than Tate. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tanner Mangum’s first P5 win.