Targeting calls are getting out of control

Viewing 3 reply threads

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

It’s gotten to the point where defensive players are almost powerless to make a tackle anymore. 

Don’t get me wrong some calls are legit but when a UCLA defensive player gets ejected for targeting when the replay clearly showed the Stanford TE ducked his upper body to brace for the impact the rule needs to be revisited.  

Officials are throwing flags on hits that are obviously not targeting but they dont want to be the guy thats misses the obvious call so they just throw the flag and let replay sort it out. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Yea I used to think I could figure out a way to teach tackling that wouldn’t be illegal, but now I’m not sure what is legal.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I haven’t seen the play you are talking about.  But as long as you the defender don’t lower your head I think you will be fine.  

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

I’m sure the video is somewhere. The ucla player didn’t lower his head he was in position to make a perfect form tackle with his head up he was aiming center mass ready to put his shoulder into him but because the Stanford TE curled up there was helmet to helmet contact and the ucla Safety was ejected.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I am looking everywhere and can’t find it.  Damn fUCLA’s defense sucks so badly.  

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

99% of NFL players have CTE. I bet you dollars to donuts that eventually someone will show that the prevalence is almost that high among college football players, and probably among high school football players as well.

We need more penalties for risky tackles, not less.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Targeting calls are getting out of control