Tavion is coming back!

Viewing 9 reply threads
      63 1

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Not a big surprise, but super excited to see it made official! Team is looking really good for next year!!

10 1

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

I couldn’t like this fast enough!

13 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Yes!! Going into next season with continuity at QB, RB and TE is massive. Our slow start last season was partially a product of trying figure things out at QB and RB (OL too, of course). Knowing we will already have chemistry with so many returning guys bodes well for offensive expectations.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

No roses for us.

Fiesta time.

9 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Seems smart. Very little film of him as a pass catcher. If he can improve in that area this season his draft stock will skyrocket.

Win-win for both him and Utah.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Needs to learn how to block too.  This is why I hope we can bring on Quinton as our RB coach.  He will teach him how to block.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

No surprise…But still great to see.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

9 months in strength and conditioning with the training table.  Shed 10 bad, ad 15 good = 2nd day draft pick.  

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Excellent.  Our RB room will consist of Tavion, Bernard, Parks, and Glover.  That is one excellent group IMO.

We will also have a very strong Tight End and QB group.  It appears WR will be our weakest link, but with our TE package, our wide receivers do not play as big of a role.

2022 is stacking up to be a potentially great season.

Areas where we can improve IMO:

– Edge rusher

– WR

I think we will be fine at LB as the year goes on, but we may be a bit inexperienced early in the year.  We lost our two best offensive linemen.  How quickly will the new group gel?

Go Utes!!!

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

We need one of the WRs to step up and replace Covey’s production. He didn’t have the most prolific numbers, but he was a reliable pass catcher and was good at getting open. I’m hoping Peppins can fill that role.

4 1

Mule
          Ute Fan
          @mule

Secondary needs to improve as well.

Ghost of the HEB
            Ute Fan
            @deseretgentlman

I’m not worried about the corners; Broughton and Phillips are two very solid starters. Marks and Vaughan also got a lot of valuable experience this season. Safeties are still TBD. Bishop excelled at run D but struggled at times in coverage (as expected for a true freshman). Hubert should be back, but he hasn’t played in a game since 2019. Latu is a missile but maybe still a little too raw to count on as a starter. I thought Mataele did fine at nickel — Got beat a few times against Ohio state, but so does everyone else.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

The secondary just needs to get healthy.

Crazyforu
              Ute Fan
              @crazyforu

Lol, exactly my thought as well. Secondary has some solid players, just needs to get healthy.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

He needs to get faster, he has no break away speed. But I’m sure they know that and will address it. Adding some speed would definitely help his draft stock.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

Don’t get me wrong, I love Tavion and I am ecstatic that he’s coming back. But he had 2 games this year where his longest run was over 25 yards. Compare that to TJ Pledger who had 4, on much less touches. I understand that Thomas is a bruiser, but even Moss had breakaway speed. Adding speed would really round him out to one of the best backs in the nation. All love, Go Utes.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tavion is coming back!