Taylor’s white backdrop

Viewing 3 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m guessing it’s so there’s no background interference when he’s trying to get the play in from the sideline. But wow is it funny. I’ve never seen anything quite like it on a sideline before. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I half expected Elvis to come out from behind it like Arizona State’s curtain of distraction.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

I just kept thinking of the Wizard of Oz; “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I must have missed that too. Is it just a standing white wall that follows him down the sideline? I could see how that would be a little weird. 

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Yeah, it looked like someone was holding up a sheet on the sideline. I was in the NEZ so I didn’t get the view of behind the wall, but it seemed like they had it up every offensive series.

2000Ute
      Ute Fan
      @2000ute

The offensive coaches/play callers were wearing black long sleeve shirts.  It seemed to me that the sheet was to provide color contrast to allow the players to see the play signals.

I first had flashbacks to Oregon’s game against ASU and signal stealing Todd Graham but the sheet was always behind our play callers.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier if he just wore high-visibility yellow-green long sleeves.

https://flare.fullsource.com/images/items/a/273/MLK-9122_A_273x0.jpg

KJU
        Ute Fan
        @kjute

Th florescent colors were reserved for the kicker’s shoes.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

But then we’d look like Nike U.

The sheet works well, I just thought it was a bit comical at first. I wonder how they decide who gets to be on sheet duty each game.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Like the job of the guy who carries the cord for the coaches headset, its a dirty job but someone’s gotta do it.
          Would look less like Nike U if he wore a Ute polo over it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Taylor’s white backdrop