Viewing 3 reply threads

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

That is all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

After being up 14-3! Wow they really laid an egg. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

All is right with the college football world in the state of Utah again. TSPP fans had seriously inflated opinions of their program since they beat us last year and got invited to the Big12. Now they are coming to the realization that they cannot compete in the Big12. 

This was the worst possible time for their program to crap the bed… and they managed to make it happen, even after a promising start.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Next time a certain car insurance commercial comes on, I may not be able to resist singing along

1 9

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I believe that BYU has every opportunity to be able to compete in the Big 12. I’d give them four or five years recruiting as a P5 before making a judgement.

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

From 2009-2011 the Utes had an average recruiting ranking of 42. BYU has an average of 68 in these three prior years to their first season in the BIG 12. Not only that, I am sure most people would agree that BYU’s current staff isn’t as good as Utah’s entering the BIG 12. BYU will struggle a lot more than the Utes did entering a P5 conference.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

One thing that even rabid BYU fans concede is that BYU is already more near its practical recruiting ceiling than another team poised to enter the P5.

For the same reason they also recruit better than most other teams in the same position. It’s a “high floor low ceiling” situation. BYU should improve with B12 admission but not to the degree that we did. The honor code and frankly, being in provo, will never allow them to recruit at a full P5 level.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I understand what both of you are saying. The school may not move into P5 contention as fast as we did given their current recruiting and coaching staff. They may also be continuously behind the recruiting 8-ball because of the honor code and location. However, neither of these points make me think that BYU will not be able to compete in the Big 12. There are several schools from conservative backwater towns in the conference. And, we all know that the honor code does not generally apply to football players. Give them time, and I am certain that they will compete in the conference, especially with Oklahoma and Texas leaving.

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

Take away 2020 and 2021- BYU under Sitaki is currently (22-25) 2017- 4-9, 2018- 7-6, 2019- 7-6, and now 4-4. BYU benefited playing pac12 teams early last year after shortened 2020 season. If BYU loses to Boise, ECU, and Stanford they’ll finish 5-8. Their fan base wants the DC fired, I doubt Sitaki lasts another year.

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

in other words, take away the years that Grimes was there.

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

This doesn’t read like a response to my post, but I’ll offer my thoughts. I agree with the sentiment that BYU will need to improve its coaching staff to make a great leap in the Big 12. However, I believe that their current coaching staff is passable and will allow them to compete in the conference, the intent of my original, non-confrontational response above to a comment made by another board user. 

3 3

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

So go back to the BYU board. Troll

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I am sorry that I have offended you with my opinions.

2 4

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Seriously, it has to be a better way to block this guy. Definitely ruining this site. Hell, I’m half tempted to pony up a donation of 10k to have professional people help us have a better place to chat

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

@johnny how are you trying to ignore? I just tested the ignore feature on the home page and the forum pages and have successfully ignored a user. I’ve asked you several times HOW you are doing it so I could ascertain if there’s a bug somewhere to fix, but you’ve never responded except to complain. I have previously posted a link to the HELP page: https://www.utehub.com/help/. If you could PLEASE tell me how you are trying to block a user, website home page, forum pages, the mobile app? And tell me what steps you are doing so I can try to reproduce the issue? Then I could see if there’s an issue to resolve. Until then I can’t really do much more to help.

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Blocking works for me. Though I still see the posts of blocked users before I sign in (for obvious reasons, that isn’t a site defect).

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

On the website you have to be logged in for blocking to work. Perhaps I should note that in the help section. 

chinngiskhaan
                  Ute Fan
                  @chinngiskhaan

yeah… I know that. That’s why I was saying it was obvoius why. For whatever reason, I have to log in every time I come to the site, so when I first visit, I see posts from a certain blocked user.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I just blocked someone and it worked just fine. 

So…uh…how do I unblock a user? lol.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Below are screen shots showing successful blocking of the user you wish to block. One is the home page, one is this forum thread.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Censorship and separatism are often responses to speech and ideas we don’t like.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

The tdS accepted the Big 12’s invitation prior to the 2021 season, so they’re already 2-yrs into “Big 12 recruiting”.  And the 2023 recruiting class will be their 3rd.  There hasn’t been much improvement at all, nor do I expect them to see any recruiting bumps in the seasons to come.  They’re still “ybU-p“, and all the baggage that predictably comes with it.  The only thing that’ll aid the tdS will be that Texas and Oklahoma are gone, and they’d added a trio of additional midmajors that the tdS had historically been able to compete with.  They’re not joining a conference as competitive as the one Utah had joined.  Once UT and OU leave, they’ll be joining a weaker league.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I understand what you are saying regarding the period at which Big 12 recruiting starts. i would argue that there are two factors that are not in play during this period.

1. No matter how much the recruiters say, “We have been invited to the Big 12,” until a high schooler sees that the team is on TV playing in that P5 conference, these words will have less strength. 

2. The recruiting benefit that comes from the milions of dollars from P5 conference membership has not been realized in this pre-membership recruiting period you describe.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

This was all due to the covid year. Byu benefitted more from it than any team. Zach Wilson did more than any person.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

And Liberty was playing with their 3rd string QB. 

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

So what place does that put them in (for independence teams)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football tds getting spanked by Liberty😂