TDS

Viewing 9 reply threads

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

might get thumbed down for this one but what if TDS wins this week? Will they be ranked? 8-4 team with wins vs ranked USC, ranked Boise and 7-5 Tennessee on the road. feel like it would be tough to leave em out.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I could not care less about BYU in any regard, but if they have actually play well enough since we beat them, and I stoppped paying attention, to earn a ranking in the top 25, which, as you point out, could conceivabley happen, I’d be thrilled for the Utes to in some small way benefit from it.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

My autistic nerd boy persona played well at BYU 89-92.

Tim Juice
      Ute Fan
      @timjuice83

Screw those guys first and foremost. But if they aren’t going to be screwed and it can help Utah than I am all for it.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

LOL, no. They are ranked somewhere in the 50s by most rating systems. A win over SDSU isnt going to propel them into the top 25.

BYU sucks. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

The tdS will NOT be ranked, even if they beat SDSU and Hawai’i in their bowl game.  Midmajor teams cannot be ranked with 4 losses.  Only P5 teams can do that.  If you don’t believe me, just go look back at the history since the dawn of the BCS era.  You’ll see.

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

This is the correct answer. Committee has no respect for G5 teams, just take a look at current rankings. The only ranked G5 teams on the poll are 1-loss teams.

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

Cougs #25 !!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Moved to the They So Poo Poo category.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Was thinking about this as well. Would be nice if they did sneak in, and honestly they have a case if the committee evaluates/considers them.

Hate to see it, but i think it would be a nice help for our case, especially when comparing us vs Oklahoma.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

If they sneak into the Top-25 all the better for Utah’s case for CFP.   Hilarious that they have a commitment to the Christmas Eve day Hawaii Bowl, so that’s the best they can do.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

No way will a team be ranked with losses to Toledo and South Florida.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.