Tennessee fires Butch Jones

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Wonder where that program would’ve been had Whitt accepted the offer.. I’m glad he didn’t.

4 4

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Hmm… “Tennessee fires Kyle Whittingham”?

3 1

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Or… “Tennessee in the playoff mix”

5 4

THEeyepatch
          Ute Fan
          @theeyepatch1

Or… “Tennessee fires Kyle Whittingham. Can’t win in November.”

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve wondered too. Let’s be real, recruiting to the state of Utah is one of the hardest things to do. 

Where would Whitt be if he could have a top 25 class of recruits every year? 

I️ think he’d be amazing. The good news is, Rivals had our class at 25 last year. 

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

I wonder where the Utah program would be if he took the Tennessee offer

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yes, that thought occurred to me a few minutes after I wrote this post. I think Utah would have struggled. The current season would have been the norm. What do others think?

1 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

When was that? If Gary would have been our head coach, I️ think we’d be similar if not slightly better. 

Gary failed and failed HARD at OSU, but that was an impossible job. 

He led USU to their greatest success, but that was a much different job than OSU. USU only had Boise St to compete with. OSU has Wash, Wash St, Oregon, Stanford…in the north. Plus Utah, USC, etc. 

Plus, he went into Wisconsin and sustained success there. 

I️ think he would have stepped into Utah’s job, kept the defense at a high level, been a better recruiter and he is more willing to let the offense go more. 

I️ think we’d be about the same, but would have won the south already. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

That was 2010. I️ don’t know if Gary would have gotten the job then. BUT, he would be the best hire looking back. 

Lots of what ifs. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

The DC that Gary Andersen had at USU and Wisconsin is currently the DC at LSU. He’s the MAJOR reason for Gary’s success at the previous jobs vs his failings at OSU. 

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

Dave Aranda.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

And yet, he was DC at Utah when we had our best defenses. 

Does any other fanbase tear apart a former player, alumni and coach who was a part of their school’s greatest two seasons like Utah fans and Gary? 

It’s crazy. But then again, I’d bet a lot of the same fans who don’t like Gary probably want Kyle gone as well…

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I don’t want Gary and want Whitt. Dude had a meltdown less than 30 days ago. Best defenses?  I think Pease had the best defenses personally. 

But whatevs keep on going. 

1 1

noneyadb
                Ute Fan
                @noneyadb

And yet he was the DC in 06 and 07 when Utah last lost to tds in back to back seasons. Could you imagine the melt down if Utah lost to BYU in multiple years now? The AD, coach, and entire staff would all be fired..

I do support Whitt and all his shortcomings, however don’t want GA back.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

“Utah fires Gary Anderson”, “Utah fires Kalani Sitaki”, “Utah fires Aaron Roderick”.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tennessee fires Butch Jones