Terrible holding call

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

That is a horrible way to end a SB. How could they call that holding? I had no dog in this fight, I just think that was a bad ending to the football season. Make KC earn it.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It’s a business. 

Tom Brady retired and stars make money. 

Now the NFL has their next Tom Brady. 

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Wasn’t a fan of that call as well. I also had no dog in that game, but would have liked to see the Eagles get the ball back down 3 and 90 seconds left. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

It was a terrible, game-changing call.  But what REALLY killed the Eagles, was that 1st-Half scoop-&-score we gave up.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

And the 2nd one that got called back that should have been called a catch.

Eagles were having some backfield ball control issues.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

He held him, but it didn’t appear to change his speed or route. Didn’t look like he was going to make that catch. Philly got outplayed in the 4th, but it would have been nice to see them have a chance to tie or win. Also, who the *$%^ knows what a catch is anymore? That play changed the game as well! 

3 3

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The NFL wouldn’t be more obviously rigged if there was a guy from the league office standing at midfield holding a script and pointing everyone where to go.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Thought the “catch/fumble/scoop/score vs. incomplete” call was 50/50 and could have gone either way (usually they would just go with all on the field instead of overturning).   Last holding call was rough and essentially ended the game. The defender did admit he had a bit of jersey when touching the receiver but as noted above it didn’t really impede him.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

To me, it looked like the way that secondaries execute their defenses on almost every single passing play. Kind of like you can call offensive holding on every passing play if you really wanted to. If you’re going to call that action a penalty in the Super Bowl, in that field position, with that time left on the clock, and fully well knowing that, for all intents and purposes, you’ve decided the outcome of the game, then you have to call it all of the time, otherwise, it really calls into question the integrity of the game.

3 2

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Holding bud

Holding is holding and the rules are the same no matter what the scoreboard and the clock read. I don’t like KC, but all the gnashing of teeth over this has some serious USC vibes.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Terrible holding call