The 10 college football programs that have made best back-to-back hires

Viewing 2 reply threads

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

4. Urban Meyer and Kyle Whittingham, Utah

Meyer’s tenure was brief — just two seasons — but it was wildly successful, with a 10-2 mark in 2003 followed by an undefeated 2004 season capped with a Fiesta Bowl win against Pittsburgh. Since replacing Meyer on a full-time basis in 2005, Whittingham has gone 104-50 with six top-25 finishes and four seasons with 10 or more wins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/20/college-football-programs

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Who thinks of these topics?  What’s next?  The top 10 college football programs that have the best pizza places which serve slices 2 for 1 on Tuesdays on leap years?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Welcome to the talkification of football.

I bet for every minute of actual football played in America, there’s probably 2000 minutes of writing/talking about it. Can someone run those numbers? Now there’s an article I’d read.

Coreyc04
        Ute Fan
        @greenstormute

This kind of post proves how terrible college football offseason talk really is. Until the games start I don’t care. I focus my attention elsewhere.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If you went back-to-back-to-back I think you’d have to put Utah at number one. Utah football isn’t where it is today if Mac doesn’t build it back to respectability from the sad state it had fallen into. 

zeous
        Ute Fan
        @zeous

Utah football isn’t where it is today if Mac doesn’t build it back to respectability from the sad state it had fallen into. 

So true.  If Mac hadn’t laid the solid foundation, Urban never would have given Hill the time of day.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

As much as it pains me to admit this, I’d probably have to give the back-to-back-to-back #1 to the other U, Miami.

Schnellenberger, Johnson, Erickson.

Of course they haven’t been relevant since then, but that was some serious dominance for a while. If Utah had a national title somewhere in the mix, I’d consider us #1.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The 10 college football programs that have made best back-to-back hires