The coaching decision that won the game, imo, was swapping Blackmon and Johnson

Viewing 5 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

on #13 with like 8 mins to go in the third. He didnt have another reception after that.

alharmon
      @alharmon

Agreed, saw a stat that Mitchell had 8 catches for 164 yards and 2 TD’s while Blackmon was covering him. When Johnson was covering him he was targeted 3 times but with no catches.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Blackmon is targeted 5x more than Jaylon so putting him on Oregons only good, and go-to, receiver seems like the obvious choice. Side of the field be damned

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Utah plays Utah’s defense, as they should. And they shouldn’t deviate for that…unless they are getting their ass kicked. Which they did. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Johnson is so amazing. Before the season I said Blackmon was our best CB but that Johnson would be the best by the end of year. 

I think it’s safe to say Guidry and Johnson have passed by Blackmon. 

Dont forget Guidry’s huge pass break up early in the game. 

And when Blackmon was benched in the second half, Lewis played really well. It’s so fun. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Guidry is probably my third favoriteb defensive  player. It would be Blair if he can figure out how to play his game and hit. 

Barton and Hansen are the heart and soul of the defense though. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

“lol. Come on man. Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939556/article/2018-college-football-season-top-10-defensive-backs-to-watch

I think you should read Stone’s response, go and talk to some people who know football, maybe look up some interviews by college football analysts and come back to the discussion. 

There is a reason why Johnson was targeted so much last year…cause Blackmon is a badass. And Johnson was freaking amazing when targeted. He stepped up big time. But, he ain’t no Blackmon…yet. 

Just enjoy the fact that Blackmon has first round potential and Johnson is lined up opposite him. It’s gonna be amazing.”

The “yet” part aged well!!😂l

I think you should read and talk to some people who know football, maybe look up some interviews by college football analysts and come back to the discussion.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

“lol. Come on man. Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939556/article/2018-college-football-season-top-10-defensive-backs-to-watch

I think you should read Stone’s response, go and talk to some people who know football, maybe look up some interviews by college football analysts and come back to the discussion. 

There is a reason why Johnson was targeted so much last year…cause Blackmon is a badass. And Johnson was freaking amazing when targeted. He stepped up big time. But, he ain’t no Blackmon…yet. 

Just enjoy the fact that Blackmon has first round potential and Johnson is lined up opposite him. It’s gonna be amazing.”

The “yet” part aged well!!😂l

I think you should read and talk to some people who know football, maybe look up some interviews by college football analysts and come back to the discussion.

3 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Makes me wonder how different the ASU game might have been had JJ covered Harry. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

This. Maybe we’ll have more of an appetite for that now. Lock down the best receiver, don’t just divide the field for the sake of dividing the field. 

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

Id like to see Blackmon move to FS. I think he would be very similar to what Marcus Williams was. Lewis, Johnson, Guidry, and smith would be just fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The coaching decision that won the game, imo, was swapping Blackmon and Johnson