Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

oh. ok then.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

ESPN projecting Oregon in Rose as well. Wilner projecting Utah.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Love it…more disrespect from the media to fire these guys up. Beating Oregon again would be fantastic.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Oregon has their work cut out for them to win the North. Oregon State is going to give them all they can handle and then some. I expect a physical, low scoring game that could go either way.  My money is on the Beavers.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

I’m pretty sure oregon can lose against osu and still win the north if WSU wins. The rule is spelled out, and the media reports that WSU can win, but it doesn’t seem like it’s true. The Pac will certainly need to clarify this

Multiple-Team Ties:

The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.

1. Head-to-head (Best record in games among the tied teams).
        2. Record in games played within the division.
        3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding through the division.
        4. Record in common conference games.
        5. Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics Following the last weekend of regular-season games.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

If OSU beats UO, they’ll have the same conference record at 6-3. OSU has the head to head and while they’ll technically share the northern title, the Beavs go to CCG.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Not if WSU wins though. OSU gets eliminated through the multiple team rules because they lost to Cal.

It’s weird, but its how the rules are stated on the website. Credit to @wes for pointing it out

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I see what you’re saying. Maybe you’re right.

NarfUte
                Ute Fan
                @narfute

What I think it means is that they stop eliminating with these rules if 2 teams are left. So wsu at 4-1 eliminates osu and uo at 3-2 and that clause doesn’t make sense as intended, just poorly worded 

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

I thought I heard today on the radio they will go off of division record. If Oregon loses, they’ll have 2 losses, not sure where osu and WSU lost, but I guess that’s how WSU gets in, along with the head to head against OSU

NarfUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @narfute

That’s how it will be because WSU’s 4-1 record eliminates uo and osu at 3-2. It’s just worded weird to make it seem like they can’t eliminate past 2 teams left. 

2008 National Champ
                      Ute Fan
                      @cptmrgn05

The wording matters if one of the eliminators pares the list down to 2 teams because then you can revert to the higher tiebreaker of head to head. It’s what happens when lawyers try to write common sense.,,

Yes, if any of the tiebreakers eliminate the other(s), you stop at that point.

DemosthenesRed
          Ute Fan
          @demosthenesred

If OSU beats Oregon, and WSU beats UW, WSU goes to the champ game.

Oregon has to win to go.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

I believe that’s how it is and the wording needs to be clarified. The way it’s worded leaves WSU out, which I don’t believe is the intent of the rule 

AZUteFan
          Ute Fan
          @azutefan

Someone posted this a few pages back. This goes against all media reports, but to Narfute’s point and according to this, Oregon would advance if Wazzu beats UW.

Pac 12 needs to come out and clarify this.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

It really needs to say “if this method eliminates all but 2 teams, the 2 team tiebreak applies” because WSU should get through via the north division record 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

This is it:

If Oregon wins they’re in.
          If OSU wins and Wazzu loses, OSU is in
          If Wazzu wins, and Oregon loses, Wazzu is in.

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

For how banged up Oregon is after this last weekend I wouldn’t be surprised if the Beavers win

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football the end of the cfp show had Oregon projected in the rose bowl