The fact that we’re still in the hunt is good.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I was at porcupine for the last day of their October fest menu yesterday. The spetzel, sausage, red cabbage, corned beef, sauerkraut and Reuben were on point. My friend asked, compare last years Utah team to this year. I said, we don’t quite have the same dudes like we had last year. No Covey, no Kuithe, no Fatheringham in his 4th year, no Tavion at the level from last year, no Bam crashing down on the DT to open a massive hole. No Mika Tafua, and Devin Lloyd of course. It’s still a good team but not quite at last years level. Everyone knows this but when you write it out, it’s a significant difference. I guess what I’m saying is if we win the PAC 12 this year it will likely come on the arm and feet of Cam Rising or some other duds will need to step up. I think JQJ could step up if he can learn to run behind his pads more, otherwise he’s going to get hurt. I think Yasmin has the athleticism but should be on the jugs machine 3 times a day. Dixon’s been good, needs more reps. Vele is real good but seems like he could take another half step. I wish Barton would take over Kareem Reid’s spot, there, I said it. I think Vaki is the real deal and a future top 3 round NFL pick but he’s  wry green as far as reps. In a year where Tavion has been somewhat MIA I miss Ty Jordan. I miss that guy. He was a dude for sure and was so fun to watch and he was always positive. Anyway, those are my morning ramblings today. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Well now I want to bust out the spätzle maker and have some käsespätzle 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Solid entry, kicked off with a foodie report! Bottom line, Utes need all current players to be 100% or close to it by the UO game to be in it. Need Rising back for UofA if he’s healthy. Can probably get by with Kincaid resting. KW is going to clown the media as he masterfully does leading on to nothing about who is or is not playing on Saturday.

Would not be surprised to see the entire injured crew back on Saturday. I would have Kincaid walking around campus and after practice wearing a sling, hurt or not. Have Rising walk around with a cane, Bernard in a wheel chair. Half joking of course. Keeping UofA guessing on how to prepare for Utah is smart coaching especiatlly if certain key players are iffy. KW is a genius football coach knowing the late season mind games are part of the play. 

Oline run block and the back-up TEs need to be called out and step up…period. Defense is showing some good improvement especially with Vaki. Kid completely changed the defensive composure as the game went on last Thursday. Utes boat race UofA this weekend. CFP and Broughton lock it down and the front seven get it done up with the pass rush and run stop.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The fact that we’re still in the hunt is good.