The Frank Solich/Nebraska factor

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’ve mentioned it before, probably on UF.N, but I really want to avoid the Nebraska/Solich factor as I call it.

Solich had the following records at Nebraska

1998 9-4 (Lost the Holiday Bowl)

1999 12-1 (Won the Fiesta Bowl)

2000 10-2 (Won the Alamo Bowl)

2001 11-2 (Lost the Rose Bowl)

2002 7-7 (Lost the Independence)

2003 9-3 (Fired before the bowl game)*******

So my point is why do you fire a coach who has a winning record, avg just under 10 wins a season? Because you think you are better than you are. Solich was fired after a 9 win season, that’s preposterous, Nebraska didn’t win any NCs under Solich, but finished #2/3 in 1999. And were top 10 in 2000 and 2001. Top 20 in 1998 and 2003.

While I’m certainly frustrated with this season, okay just the way we’ve lost, and ASU hurt the most, I think throwing out the baby with the bath water ain’t the answer. Injuries, a few tweaks, and better recruiting should help us atttain a solid #2 in the South over time. But to think we’re destined to be overall #1 in the South over time, that dog don’t hunt.  We’ve finished most years very close to #2 in the south save those 5-7 (MWC hangover years).

Keep the faith UTE fans, we’ve got more potential. 

1 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Solich was fired because he is a *sshole

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Dumb reason to fire a coach

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

UTE98:

Though I have been critical of Whittingham, I haven’t called for his job. His contract expires in 2021, if Utah hasn’t won at least one Pac-South title (outright), it’s time to part ways. Four years (’18-’21) is ample time to get the job done. I’ve always been in Whittingham’s corner, but getting dump-trucked @ RES by ASU last week raised some serious doubts in my mind. That was essentially a 30-3 loss. That’s just not acceptable. I always hear about Whittingham finding ‘diamonds in the rough’ and that’s true on defense but not at the QB or WR positions. Same results, new year. 
      Beat the Quacks!
      GO UTES!
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Frank Solich/Nebraska factor