The good and bad

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The good news is that some of the Covid tests from last week may have been false positive.  I guess they need four straight negative tests before those players are eligible.  However, I doubt any of these guys have been able to practice.

The bad news that I am hearing is that there will definitely be starters who cannot play this weekend.  How many and who – I have not heard.

I am not sure I want to play with a team that is so depleted that we have a number of walk-ons starting.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

At think at this point, most of us are reserved to the fact that this is going to be a bunch of scrimmages.  It will be good to get our youngsters some reps, but any hope of making a playoff run or something like that was pretty much dead with how late of a start we got.  So no pressure: just kick back and enjoy watching a few of our players that might not normally get a bunch of playing time.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Its looking like osu v maryland is getting canceled. P12 came back at the worst possible time.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

8 games cancelled so far for this weekend:

Air Force/WYO

Auburn/Miss St

Memphis/Navy

Tex A&M/Tennessee

Alabama/LSU

La Monroe/Ark St

Mizzou/Georgia

Ohio St/Maryland

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Let ’em play. This is absolutely a lost season. We’re not really competing for anything. Cal may not play a single game based on Berkeley’s stringent quarantine restrictions.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I hope that we don’t end up having some bad injuries due to the substitutions.  What if the left side of the offensive line is out with covid and we get a QB injured as a result?  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The good and bad