sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Link

yes I am 13 years old

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We should start trying not to post links that are so long. Instead use the “link text” portion of the link dialog…. I fixed this one.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interestingly the preview text says “praises the progress of his unit” but the title on the article says “Defensive Ends coach Lewis Powell likes unit.”

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Anybody that can sum it up?

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Just him essentially saying that Anae is awesome, and Repp, Tupai, Tafua, Heninger and Hamilton are doing well competing for the other side. They don’t have a starter opposite Anae yet, so it may come down to the Weber State game.

eyesonU
          Ute Fan
          @eyesonu

Is anyone else concerned about size on the edges?  Just thinking with Anae and Repp out there at the same time we are awfully small.  Maybe they use them both specifically in passing situtions, but my fear is they will have a hard time setting the edge against pac 12 OL’s.

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

Only with Repp, for me at least. Everyone else is 240 plus, and ALL of our DT’s are 300 plus, I think we’ll be okay. Pass me some red Kool-Aid please.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m more concerned with exection on the edges. We got sucked in and lost contain waaaay too many times last year.

eyesonU
              Ute Fan
              @eyesonu

Agreed.  Gary Anderson was on yesterday with Riley talking about that very issue. Pointed out Anae specifically and said his non stop motor sometimes leads to overpursuit.  The good news is they are obviously aware of it and are actively trying to correct it.  But it’s a fine line. Make him too aware of it and he may lose some aggresiveness, which is part if what makes him so special.  I think they’ll be able to find the right balance though.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football the headline of this 24/7 article is outstanding