The Hype for The Spring Game

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Always exceeds the reality. I have never been impressed with a spring game.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I would sum up the spring game thusly:

Turnovers
      Drops
      Non-turnovers that should have been turnovers…except that they were dropped.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Agreed…side note…Coach MacDonald called plays for Troy Williams and Lisk.  Coach Taylor for Huntley and Bateman.  Comment was made to me that “we would never run some of the plays McDonald called against the defense we were running” – he’s not an OC.  Also, used less than 25% of the play book.  

O-Line is the question mark.  Should be improved almost everywhere else or at least have the potential to be better.  Can’t take much from a spring game with 15-20 regulars not on the field.  

7-9 wins this year…need to really click for the top end this year with the schedule we have but Conference title chances the two years following with the young talent we have here or coming.  

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I heard 22 people sat out. Those were many backups of backups.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Which is why you can’t tell much from the Spring Game.  It ain’t real until it’s real and the hitting starts.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Hype for The Spring Game

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.