@larryb

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

At some point.. we’re overdue

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Those look like some good matchups!  Hope to see a Tex-Tx A&M Sugar Bowl, and a Utah-[anyone] Rose!

4 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think we will get a lot of hype this year. I’m not buying any of it. I think I could have if we had Ty Jordan. RIP.

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jutahfootball

I agree that I don’t think we’re going to the rose bowl this year, although I think we’re capable of it, but we’ll be a top 25 team. We went 3-2 (should’ve been 4-1) with awful quarterback play, and we were still scoring a lot. Obviously no Ty RIP but we will have a good running back nonetheless, (won’t be surprised at all if it’s Bernard btw) and we return every starter minus Ritchie who will be replaced by Hubert who would’ve been the starter had he not been injured. Whoever the Quarterback is will be a lot better than Bentley was last year, and the defense was still very good despite losing almost all the starters, and will only get better with experience. I think 2021 is our year, but next year we will be a top 25 team for sure, and will compete for a south division.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Interesting, RJ Young didn’t have us in his early top 25 that he put out on Jan 11.  He had both Oregon and Washington ranked.  What changed since then?  Pledger and Curry transfers, which he must be weighting heavily.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Jackson and Brewer don’t hurt either.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

In a rebuilding year Utah’s defense was 13th against the run and 20th against pass with EVERYONE coming back. And Utah only played P5 teams in 2020, so, we have that going for us, which is nice! Opening against mid majors like Weber St. and BYU will help pad those stats.

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

Not everyone. Nate Ritchie is going on an LDS mission.

Jake
          Ute Fan
          @jutahfootball

Yes but Hubert should be 100% and he would’ve started had he been healthy.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

20th in the country with a completely new secondary last year. I think they’ll be ok without Ritchie for 2 years. Add back Hubert, Latue and some others. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Not really sure what to take from a season where Utah played Colorado, Oregon St, Wazzu, UW, USC, and who knows how many players missed each game…

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I think we should be good next year but it seems like we should be even better in 2022. So between 2021 and 2022, hopefully the stars align for us to finally smell roses!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Hubert is an NFL Safety and would have started had he been healthy. Hubert is a beast.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Hubert couldn’t get on the field in 2019. Don’t get me wrong, I want the Utes to have an all-american at every position, but how about we let them prove it on the field before we anoint them.

Jake
          Ute Fan
          @jutahfootball

He couldn’t get on the field because he was hurt, the year before when he came in for blackmon or burgess he didn’t miss a step, he’s quite good if he can get back to full health.

Northendzone Ute5
          Ute Fan
          @northendzoneute5

I was under the impression that Hubert wasn’t ready to play until the final game of the season, due to the acl injury? Seemed like he had some good reps in that final game.

Jake
            Ute Fan
            @jutahfootball

You’re correct, they did not want to rush him back from injury, he would have been a starter had he been healthy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

chuga chuga chuga chuga

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Sorry, but it is too early in the year to give me heartburn. I’m supposed to be excited about the SEC having two teams in the playoff while the Pac winner gets the B1G #2 in the Rose Bowl?

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The hype train is in motion! Choo choo!