The next two weeks

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Cal’s offense is decimated by injury and our defense is playing better than ever.  I have a hard time believing Cal will score more than ten points and a shutout is possible.  Cal’s defense is very good, especially their pass defense.  If Huntley can’t go, we will run, run and run again.  But, we need to pass some or they will load the box.  I hope Huntley can go.  We should win this Saturday, but you cannot take anything for granted when you are playing a good defense.

Our offense needs to be at it’s best to beat UW.  Huntley needs to be back at full strength.  However, this is not the same UW defense we played last season.  They lost ten starters.  They are good, but certainly not great.  The UW offense will be a real test for our defense.  Their offense looked very good against a very good Oregon defense.  They are balanced and have a lot of weapons.  Eason is an excellent QB IMO and Nacua is starting to get some significant action.

As far as Lisk and Shelley goes – If the coaching staff thinks that Lisk is doing better in practice, I have to go with what they see and know.  I am like many of you in that we have seen Shelley start 5 games and we know what he can do, so there is some level of comfort.  I suspect if Huntley cannot go this Saturday, you may see Shelley because he is the better dual-threat and that is what we need this week.  I trust that Ludwig and Whitt will make the right decision.

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Either Lisk or Shelley will be much better with a week of #1 practice.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Better than #2 practice – they so poopoo

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

Anyone who’s watched the Utes through spring ball the last couple years can understand why Lisk is #2. He’s an accurate passer. Shelley has him beat on pure athleticism, but I think Lisk is a capable runner and a better passer. Don’t be surprised when he’s QB1 this weekend with Huntley sitting this week to heal.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The next two weeks