The offense got over 470 yards.

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m as frustrated as anyone with the red zone play calling. But, this Indiana defense is very good. They held Michigan to 280 yards and OSU to 371. Getting over 470 yards against this defense is not bad. 

Winning with four turnovers and many stupid penalties is an accomplishment. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m frustrated with our offensive play calling, but the outcome is not as bad as some make it sound. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

222 of that was Joe… what a performance.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Actually Joe also had like 56 yards receiving.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

They were also 12 of 24 for 214 yards in the throw game.  Which if you take off the trick play, means they were 11 for 23 for a mere 178, which is pitiful at best.  

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree that our passing game is not where it needs to be. I posted a few weeks ago that I don’t think that Williams is a top tier P5 QB. He seems to be a great guy, but we need a different QB next season. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

But if you add in the times we didn’t whiff a pass were 24 of 24.

Seriously though, you can’t discount a pass play just because it’s a trick play.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Agreed. However it illustrates the point that our ‘normal’ offense is pathetic.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Add in that 56 yard pass to Joe Williams you pretty much loss that all in one guy.  The rest of the offense mustered up nothing.  

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The offensive coaches had about as much to do with those 470 yards as you or I did.

I can hear A-Rod and Harding deliberating over which plays to call now . . . 

Harding: “We need a first down here.”

A-Rod: “Hey, how about we run that play where we hand the ball to Joe and he breaks a bunch of tackles and runs for 20 yards?”

Harding: “Sounds good to me!”

Their game plan and play calling was questionable at best. Take Williams out of the offense and we are getting 2 yards/carry with Moss. They didn’t call a good game. Williams just had a great game. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Agreed, pretty sure I could call a better game with some color-coded darts and the playbook spread out on a nearby wall.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The offense got over 470 yards.