The PAC12 needs top be investigated

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

With about a minute to go in the Oregon game – their safety McKinley was called with an obvious targeting.  After reviewing they overturned the call.  Both announcers were stunned.  It was classic targeting.  I am not a conspiracy kind of guy – but I’m willing to bet that a call came from PAC12 headquarters telling them that it had no effect on that game – so overturn it.  They did not want one of the key defensive players for Oregon benched in the first half of the championship game.

This was just wrong.

I am all for playing Oregon at full-strength.  But, the rules are the rules and someone made the decision to overturn an obvious targeting.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I 100% guarantee you if that was our defense we would have been flagged for targeting. 100%. Every. Damn. Time. 

7 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

100% guarantee you that nothing will be done because this is the worst conference with the worst officials. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

But, but…we love the Pac-12.

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

You love Oregon. Or do you love BYU more? I’m not sure.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I agree. Coach Kyle has the most perseverance I’ve ever seen. He’s had so many times that crap was called, he made adjustments. Probably one of the best coaches in the country. We are lucky to have someone so loyal.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That Gustin hit was late and dirty as well. Pac12 is pathetic. 

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Just watched it. Pretty bread and butter type targeting. Receiver reaching for the ball. Player leads with helmet, launches himself at the OSU player, hits helmet to helmet. Even the player looked surprised when they called it none-targeting.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Did you find a video of it? Could you kindly post it?

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Who should investigate the conference?

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

That was a bad call. Even worse was a couple plays later when Oregon ZERO came in late on a dustup and ripped off Oregon State #15’s helmet. That should have been an immediate DQ

After what has actually been a decent job by the Pac-12 crews this year, those last few minutes should be enough to get zebras fired.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The PAC12 needs top be investigated