The paper tigers that are TDS

Viewing 8 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Wont play UW. Unreal considering who they haven’t played this year and the self proclamations we’ve seen. If I’m BYU. And I’m as good as I say I am. I’m scheduling any P5 team on the road or whatever to prove I am that good and then and only then could throw my hat into the playoff discussion. But they won’t do it. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

They know even if the beat Washington, the playoff isn’t going to happen. They also know if they lose to Washington, neither is the NY6. If they continue with their cupcakes, they can make a NY6 bowl so why would they risk playing a team with any talent?

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Byu is still behind Cincy. They need something like Washington to leapfrog them…

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Even if byu leap frogs cincy, they dont get the G5 bid because they’re not in a G5 conference. They’re playing for an at large bid whether they’re in front of cindy or not.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Because their quarterback has a headband that says any team, any time, any place!!!

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Yeah, but he MEANT “any weak SOS team, any time, any place in Provo”.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

The timing of this is absolutely hilarious. Right after Zach Wilson’s “ANY TEAM ANY TIME ANY PLACE” headband. This will go down as another one of the all time great BYU embarrassments. It exceeds the “We Want Bama” sign a few years ago. Chalk this up as another weapon in the Zoob smack talk arsenal.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Well. He didnt actually mean Washington when he wrote that. You know, one of the teams that kicked the s**t out them the year before?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They’ve figured out their recipe for success, dominate a bunch of high school teams. Why ruin that?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Moved to the “They So Poo Poo” category.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Sounds like they are trying to change the narrative this morning. They are claiming they would play UW but want a commitment that the game won’t be canceled, something they know cant happen per the P12 rules (available P12 opponent, likely Utah, takes precedence over OOC opponent). 

It’s all bluster. The fact is they have too much to lose being exposed as a fraud this late in the game. They are walking into a NY6 game and don’t have to share the payout with anybody. Beating UW doesn’t help securing a NY6 game, losing leaves them out. 

If they seriously thought they had a shot at making the playoffs they would be doing everything in their power to get the UW game, not taking it off the table before they even know if UW will be available. It’s not like they have another game scheduled or any other legit available p5 teams calling.

tldr:tds knows they are overrated and would rather sneak into a NY6 game, then have to prove themselves and have a shot at the playoff. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Correct you are HoosierUte.  It’s not like the tdS has a bevy of offers on the table to play for this weekend, so even IF UWa cancels on them to play another Pac-12 team (i.e. Utah, should Ariz St Covid-cancel Sunday’s game on us), then the tdS would be in the exact same boat they’re in right now — no game this weekend.  In fact, Holmoe had already admitted they’re not negotiating with ANYBODY until Tuesday.  So it’s not like UWa is holding anything up.  THEY are!

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

That’s a weak excuse. If they dont have a contract and Washington has to cancel, who cares? It’s not like they had to buy out of a game somewhere else.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

The scuttlebut is that BYU wanted a guarantee they would play. UW couldn’t give them that, because they could be rescheduled to play us within 48 hours of the game, if ASU can’t go because of COVID. That’s based on the Pac-12 guidelines for playing OOC games, and makes some sense.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Best part is how they’re lying about why they said no. They’re blaming the PAC12 COVID requirements. But if that were the case, they wouldn’t be waiting to give a final answer until after the CFP rankings come out. No, this is about following the 1984 cupcake model.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Right, if this was the case they would have come out and said they would not agree to this the moment the p12 guidelines were released. Everybody knew these guidelines were to allow tds to fill in if needed. If they had a problem with it that was the time to object, not after publicly stating they are waiting for the playoff rankings. Not a great look from a team already getting criticized for its weak schedule. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

They say the key to keeping a scam going is to not get close to anyone who can expose it as a scam. As veteran scammers, BYU-Provo Campus knows this all too well.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Can I sell your grandma some essential oils? All she has to do is get 10 other people to buy them.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

#questforperfection

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo The paper tigers that are TDS