The penalties were unacceptable

Viewing 2 reply threads
      1 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is correctgable, but outside of SJSC – we would lose each game with the same number and seriousness of the penalties.  None were the 5 yard variety.  This was very frustrating for me to watch.  This is unacceptable.

Bytheway, the roughing the kicker penalty was bogus.  He was blocked into the kicker.  All of the other penalties were likely legit.  I have never seen so many holding penalties on our wide receivers.  Also, I have never seen back to back offensive pass interference calls.

I like the offensive play calling and I love Carrington.  He is a stud and a difference maker.  I think Huntley had some first game gitters, but settled down.  I am not sure if he can throw the deep ball because we didn’t see much of that last night.

I don’t understand why we could only get one sack against an FCS team.  That is not good.  We need more pressure on the QB.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m hoping that the penalties on our WRs is a result of Holliday finally coaching them up to be a physical group, instead of getting pushed around like they have been in years past. Hopefully we will be able to correct some of those penalties.

The lack of sacks seems a bit concerning, but I’m going to hold out judgment until the season progresses. We all know the talent that we have on that D-Line. I’m guessing that they’ll get it turned on and things will be business as usual in Sack Lake City.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

1 of the 11 was for 5 yards…rest were 10+. How do you offensive pass interfere 10 yards away from the pass to the running back in the flat? I was bewildered by that call. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

One holding call against Wilson was bogus too. Those refs were s**t last night.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

I feel like both of the blocks in the back were bogus as well, especially with UW getting away with 3 way worse examples last year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The penalties were unacceptable