The refs were trash all game

Viewing 7 reply threads
      10 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

But one of their calls seemed to have helped us big time. I didn’t see the facemask on Pledger late in the game to give us 1st and goal. He tucked his head but I don’t think it was grabbed. Did anyone think it was a facemask?

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Let’s call it a make up call for all the bogus targeting and personal foul BS.

7 6

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Blaming the refs after a win is so BYU fanboy, be better. Let the down votes begin. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We won. The refs also sucked. 

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Show me where I’m blaming the refs for anything…

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

You aren’t. His comment was strange…the fact was that the reffing was terrible. Utah won despite that fact. Both statements are true.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Don’t forget that hold to end the half. Critical call with ten seconds left in the half. Really benefitted Utah to. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know, but had they not called that we may have been able to run the clock out (or very near it) on that possession… It helped us because we got a 1st down, but we probably get one anyway in that situation. Oh well, that was the one call that went our way.

This is the closest I’ve ever come to actually believe that the Pac12 was fixing games.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

This is the closest? Even after that BS last year with usc and WSU where some dude in San Fran is calling targeting penalties although it wasn’t targeting and he has nothing to do with the replay officials?

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Toxic waste is a good analogy, kinda like septic tank sludge. Targeting needs to be better defined. One bright spot is that most of the targeting calls were negated.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

In addition to the garbage calls, I have never seen a targeting penalty get waived off in the booth and then they decide to change it to a 15 yards personal foul penalty. First for me. Thank you Pac 12 refs.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

If I understand the rule correctly, they can’t overturn a “late hit” call. The penalty was “late hit on the QB with targeting”. So the targeting can be overturned but not the late hit.

AZUteFan
            Ute Fan
            @azutefan

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I didn’t realize it was called a late hit on the field. PAC 12 refs have an interesting interpretation of the word “late”

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I thought it was roughing with a target. It is because his head snapped. Yet they miss clear ones on Rising and Bernard. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I was at the game right next to the Utah section so a fair amount of AZ fans next to us as well. The general consensus was both sides were confused by the calls. The refs made some bad ones against both teams today.

And yes I didn’t see the face mask either. That was a clean tackle.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

When they are calling targeting calls (especially on Bishop) but not on Bernard or Rising multiple times where it looked like AZ was head-hunting. Yeah, the refs were dogs**

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The refs were trash all game