The snaps. Can we talk about the snaps?

Viewing 5 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

What was going on last night? Falemaka has had time under center before. The snaps shouldn’t be an issue. It certainly cost us a lot early in the game. 

I have heard rumors that the bad snaps were a result of Lo having a swollen hand. Is there any legitimacy to that? Or is the problem bigger than that? 
      Just one of the many (fixable) miscues that we have had so far. Hopefully it gets cleaned up going into conference play. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Sorry @Tony. Mobile app seems to have double posted. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

No worries. Just wait a sec for it to post and don’t hit submit twice.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They were low snaps but sometimes you just gotta catch them. Huntley putting a knee down is on him. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Evidently Falamaka had an injury and a swollen hand. They taped it up and the problem went away.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Lo’s hand was/is fine…I appreciate Tyler trying to deflect some blame but this is on Lo.

2 things – I can’t tell you how impressive it is to see our QB pick a ball up off the ground, with pressure all around, and CALMLY find a receiver downfield.  This is either the result of his time spent in the playbook knowing exactly where everyone is supposed to be or top notch coaching.  We’ve heard how hard he works and how prepared he is and this is a great example of that.  For him to have his eyes downfield instead of at the rushing linemen like the average QB he’s showing us an example of how “special” he really is.  Most QB’s are in self preservation mode at that point.  He made plays on 60-70% of the snaps in the dirt…unreal.

Second, Lo really zips the ball back to the QB…hard.  Great when he’s accurate but “even when it’s a little off it can cause problems and make things difficult.”  Glad we have exceptional athletes in the QB room this year.   

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Agreed that was super impressive. Not just hat he dealt with a bad snap under pressure, but in our hated rival’s house with thousands of zoobs screaming at him. The thought gives me shivers. Huntley was amazing.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Ginger snaps?  Not a fan.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The snaps. Can we talk about the snaps?