the story I've heard on Jayden Daniels …

Viewing 6 reply threads
      5 1

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Daniel’s parents are divorced.  Like many divorces, it was not an amicable split.

Daniel’s dad wanted Jayden at Utah.  Daniel’s mom wanted whatever the dad didn’t want.  

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Jokes going to be on MaMa Daniels after he not only doesn’t win the starting job buy transfers to the U after his freshmen season.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If he cant hack it st ASU, we don’t want him. I seriously doubt Whitt would allow him in unless he transferred before the roster was set down there.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Jayden Daniels about ASU “They came in full fledge, all-out, showing me that they wanted me for me and not just wanting me to sit on the shelf [so] they don’t have to play against me.”

2 2

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

For all we know Daniels mom was the one who reached out to ASU when it was clear that UCLA fell out of favor.  And if you really think that anyone on the Utah staff has a chance with certain kids after Herm Edwards gets in the living room with their parents I have got some prime central Wyoming real estate with no water rights for sale at a premium price.

Either way, he didn’t come here and he is just as dead to me as he who shall not be named.

3 4

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Tuttle really not to be named?  Ouch man they just kids. 

Miami lost a star QB this year to.  That kid has to sit a year. It is just the new way of recruiting is going to go on. 

10 6

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

This whole thread blows. Leave Daniels and his parents alone too. Jesus.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah I don’t like that part. But Daniels acting as if Utah wanted to just shelf him so we didn’t have to play him?  That is ridiculous and he was sold something by Edwards. 

leftyjace
          Ute Fan
          @leftyjace

Not that I disagree with you, but do we have any indication that he was talking specifically about Utah? Not sure we should take that comment personally.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

This entire thread should be beneath us as fans.  JFC.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Daniels was a silent commit to Utah all summer. Everyone knew he was going to Utah. After his official visit his mom reached out to asu and Oregon.

Jayden visited Utah for the usc game and the following week Utah was at UCLA. The story I heard was the night before Utah played at UCLA Daniels had a game at Carter HS and no Utah Coaches were in attendance but asu Coaches were and had Jayden and his mom to themselves.

That is the only thing I can think of where Utah May had dropped the ball on Daniels but they were probably thinking he was in the bag.

Let’s not discount the fact that he has a legitimate chance at starting next season for asu. Their QB situation is not good at all. I’ve been told at Utah he was guaranteed to redshirt. That was a factor as well.

But no matter what it is his Mom was going to do whatever she could to keep him away from Utah.

I’ve heard different stories from hating Utah because the Dad like Utah to reverse racism on her part.

Whatever the case may be she act on her own behalf and her own best interests not Jayden’s

2 5

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

“reverse racism”?  Whoever said that is an absolute, f**king moron who doesn’t deserve to get quoted, ever again.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

It’s just some of the many different reasons I’ve been told why he didn’t choose Utah.

Facts are facts his mom had definite issues with Utah and it leads people to speculate and come up with some crazy ideas.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

Those are all rumors.  The only fact is “Jayden Daniels chose to go to ASU”.  Everybody speaking for his mom are purely speculating.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

So she wasn’t racist? lol. The reverse of racism is just being normal…

Wish the best for any of these kids wherever they end up.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football the story I've heard on Jayden Daniels …