There appears to be a lot in Kyle kuzmas offensive arsenal that wasn’t utilized

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I am also very sad he figured out how to shoot after he left. I really think that would have been the lynch pin that opened up the entire offense given how he was used 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

In fact it was the lynch pin in one of Ks favorite set for him (set screen at top of key then weak side wing screens his man

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah he worked hard to get ready. That’s great and he kicked ass. Very happy for him.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Me too. Like I said, there’s obvious there is a lot he can do we did not take advantage of. Shooting slumps happen. If any thing he figured it out by the time it really matters…

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

His averages don’t look that different from what he put up last season for us. Kuzma was a good player for us, imo he got a lot of flak for his play from some Utah fans. I think that if he was on another team in the pac 12 and played exactly the same the majority of Utah fans would be saying they wished we had a guy like that on our team. Its easy to get frustrated with the players on your own team though since we spend a lot of time analyzing them.

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

I’m sorry the argument that Larry didn’t utilized him is flagrantly wrong for these three reasons:

1. He’s more of an NBA player than college. He is much better against man to man defenses. That is why he is thriving in the NBA. He would have thrived if they had the same ruleset as the NBA. The ruleset of the NBA fits his game to a T and it shows.

2. Larry did utilize him. A lot. Look at his usage last year and how we had him running. He played fantastic. Honestly if the rest of the team wasn’t slogging it we could and should have been better last year than most other teams. I feel like it was a waste of a season because of his injury and that we ended it so poorly but he was a big part of what we did. 

3. He got better late in the season and got hurt. Towards the end of the season he started hitting 3’s. I noticed it but not many else did. The last 10 games his 3 percentage was way higher than it was earlier in the season. He also got hurt during Pac 12 play and was never the same player down the stretch. He could have been a candidate for Pac 12 POY if he had been healthy if he were fully healthy. When he started the draft process he got healthy and was better than ever.

The arguments of him not being utilized are bogus and simply not true.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Kuzma was very good last year. Larry put him in positions to succeed. I just think there is a part of Kyle kuzmas offensive arsenal that was untapped or unused 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Don’t feel bad. More a symptom of the college game. After all it was often said that Dean Smith was the only person in the world that could hold Jordan under a 20 points a game.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) There appears to be a lot in Kyle kuzmas offensive arsenal that wasn’t utilized