Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

UW a much better game

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The pain of this season, and how close we were, will last a long time.  Not sure we’ll get this close anytime soon.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Mostly comes down to lack of execution on offense and that was really due to low football IQ at the QB position. Until we get the QB position fixed, we’re never going to be at the top.

Anonymous
          Inactive

TWill is fine it is the playcalling and coaching. 

bopahull
            Ute Fan
            @bopahull

Play calling and coaching are certainly concerns, but I think the total lack of trust for TWII exacerbates the situation. I think you need to allow a QB the right to call audibles if the defense looks like it’s lined up well to defend the called play. It’s the only way to tell how good (intelligent) your QB is.

That’s what made Johnson so good. Utah’s offense was stagnant and predictable when Ludwig was calling the plays. When they went into the 2 minute drill with BJ calling plays on the field, they were dynamic. That’s why they seal clubbed Alabama they were in the hurry up offense.

Maybe TW isn’t smart enough to evaluate the defense and change the play accordingly, but I think it would be a good thing to find out for sure.

Anonymous
              Inactive

I’m with Bobahull. Beyond a good arm and feet, the thing that separates a good QB from the rest is the ability to think and adjust in the moment. It’s not a static game. I haven’t seen that ability from TWII. What I’ve seen is a linear execution of a play, with minimal ability to adjust to “make the play.”

Anonymous
                Inactive

But you can’t say he doesn’t have the ability when he hasn’t been given any opportunity. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

The commentators pointed out how much of a disadvantage it is that Utah basically doesn’t use their RBs at all in the passing game. Not even as a decoy. TWilliams simply cannot throw the little swing pass, he missed badly all year. This generally means that when teams are not blitzing they have at least 1 extra guy in coverage, or the zone is more free to adjust to the WR patterns. That is something that really is inexcusable for the offense to be able to do. It’s honestly just pathetic

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football They deserved it more but man we would have given