This is probably not going to be a popular opinion but

Viewing 8 reply threads

eyesonU
      Ute Fan
      @eyesonu

My only complaint is that being a current SEZ ticket holder I am essentially being gentrified out of my seats. Obviously we don’t know ticket prices yet but based off the other premium seats in the stadium, I’m not going to be able to afford the same view of the field I have now. I imagine plenty of others will be in the same position.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still excited for the project. This has been a long time coming and I can’t wait to see it all closed in. And I know I will have a fair shot at landing new seats. But it does feel a little like a money grab from my point of view though. I don’t fault the U, they have to keep up. It is just the nature of things right now in college sports.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Having an opinion and appreciating what needed to be done are not mutually exclusive. 

eyesonU
        Ute Fan
        @eyesonu

Agreed. Definitely excited to see it move forward finally. May have come off a bit selfish, but not too happy about being forced out. All for the greater good I guess. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

There will be a lot of shuffling about. You may improve your lot. I’m sure we should all expect a blizzard of emails. 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Progress can be inconvenient, at times.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I think the writing was on the wall when we joined the PAC12. Stadium experience for big time college football is becoming the domain of the 1%. And we’re only starting to catch up with most of the popular P5 schools.

The common man will be watching football from the couch, or stooping to low level college football if we want that live experience. You’ll be able to get all the BYU-P tickets you want for $5 or so. 🙂

eyesonU
        Ute Fan
        @eyesonu

Ha! TDS tickets aside, that’s an interesting point. I heard Harlan on with Reilly earlier today talking about competition for the TV viewer and getting them off their couches and into the stadiums. They were talking about needing to offer an experience, hence all the luxury suites you see everywhere,  to get people to come out to the games. 

My questions are these though; Isn’t the game experience enough in itself? And two, who exactly are you wanting to entice? Because it sure as hell isn’t your average football fan. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

For football/general sports die hards, the game is enough. But a huge number of people attending games aren’t there for the game at all (or very little). They’re there because: 

1. Their significant other is a die hard fan, so they go out of a sense of obligation. 

2. They want to socialize. 

3. The stadium atmosphere and/or food.

4. To be part of the big event in town. The place to see and be seen.

That’s getting to be a bigger part of the demographic, and unfortunately, that’s who this expansion is all about. 

RUUTES
          Ute Fan
          @ruutes

The bleacher seats IMHO are where the real football experience happens.  Every time I’ve had a box seat I’ve felt like most people around me were more focused on chatting than on the game.  But oh well.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Kids these days want WiFi so they can Snapchat and all that BS in the stadium. They don’t care about experiences they want to SHARE those experiences so their friends know how awesome they are. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If you love in SoCal like me you can score UCLA tickets for $8.00 for most games. They’re damn near giving tickets away.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

what part of any of this… or any collegiate football program isn’t a cash grab??? THIS IS A BUSINESS. They are already using student athletes to make billions, why wouldn’t they do the same (to a much lesser extent) to the fans as well? OF COURSE it’s a cash grab. OF COURSE it’ll cost you, and every other fan. Since when has any organization that profits from sports ever given a damn about any of that?

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Jim…?  James  Seidelman?  Is that you?

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Jim…?  James  Seidelman?  Is that you?

eyesonU
        Ute Fan
        @eyesonu

Glad we’re on the same page

4 1

IrishUte
      Ute Fan
      @irishute

The only thing I’m bummed about is they still don’t sell beer at the games. 

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Same.  We have 5 seats in section 3 and have been there over 10 years because we actually liked our view and those around us. Hope it takes them a few years to start disrupting so by then I’ll be too old to climb the damn steps anyway =o/=

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I hope you are able to get what you need when this is said and done. The tickets all over the stadium have become very expensive.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This is probably not going to be a popular opinion but