This made me vomit just a little

Viewing 3 reply threads

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

Pac-12’s biggest news? Commissioner Larry Scott got a raise to $5,300,000 a year
      link

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

And he got approval to fly first class “at his sole discretion”. Man, I wish the University let me do that…

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

How the fuq does this guy get a raise????? He shouldn’t even have a job!

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

Dude he went to Harvard. You’re not smart enough to understand his methods. 

3 16

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

Blows my mind the lack of humility the utehub echo chamber has on this issue.

Larry Scott was the KEY powerbroker who plucked Utah out of football obscurity and onto the main stage.  You all sound so zoobish with your lack of gratitude.

I get it, Scott hasn’t come thru on serval things promised but as a Utah fan I think the mature way to handle this is to bit your tongue and count your blessings.

I’d feel the same way, if for example TCU started bitching about this or that in the BIG 12.

8 1

darklightning
        Ute Fan
        @darklightning

Revenue is down significantly, conference perception is next to nothing thanks to 10 PM ET game times being aired on a network most of the country can’t watch anyway YEAR AFTER YEAR, Scott is making $5 million annually (and just gave himself a raise) while operating the conference headquarters in the most expensive real estate market in the country. Dude is totally out of touch with reality, but, you’re right – Ute fans should kiss his ass because Texas and Oklahoma turned him down first (a decade ago).

1 9

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

PAC 10 could have not added any programs … It was Larry Scott who pushed for more teams – which would create more revenue….so he thought.   

So now revenue is not where it’s supposed to be and it now needs to be diveded by 12 (not 10). And utehub echo chamber is bitchen about it. SMH.  sooooo zoobish.

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I still cannot believe Utah got into the PAC 12 and am grateful and at the same time I would like the PAC 12 to move forward and be strong and not move backward and disband. Leadership is important.

NavyUte
            Ute Fan
            @navyute

So when can I start complaining about Larry Scott?  

I have my pitchfork and torch ready!!

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Larry Scott did some good things. But now, he’s proven to be an ineffective scumbag. I’ve nothing but contempt for his recent performance, and don’t think he should still be employed. How’s that for a hot take?

2 7

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

did some good things” LOL… yea like pluck Utah out of obsurity. Show some gratitude.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

What have you done for me lately?

1 7

whitlessham
              Ute Fan
              @whitelssham

^ Bingo

One the flip side:

If I’m a Duck or Tree fan, I may be asking, what real value did Utah bring to our bottom line… clearly not revenue.

So again, I suggest bite your lip and give thanks.  We could be talking about Laramie or Boise. 

10 1

Utebeam
                Ute Fan
                @utebeam

Omg dude, go back to Cougarboard. They miss you over there.

Btw, show me that Utah doesn’t bring decent revenue to the P-12. You think they bring less than Cal, Ore St.? Gtfo, with your sh*tty analysis of the impact of Utah on the P-12.

darklightning
                  Ute Fan
                  @darklightning

Yeah, I believe I fed a troll…

2 1

chinngiskhaan
                    Ute Fan
                    @chinngiskhaan

just block/ignore… I know who you are talking about without even being able to read his posts. Trust me, ignore, and your life will be much better.

Pace Manyung has gotten himself a new username because he knows he was wrong about Whitt, but doesn’t want to face the music. He knows Utah is really good this year, but he can’t handle being proven wrong, so he changed his username and has gone full on troll

whitlessham
                  Ute Fan
                  @whitelssham

Just saying Utah should give a bit of a pass on the single person who made the near impossible, possible.

Historically, you can count on one hand the number of small conference programs getting the nod to move up to p5.  Without Larry,  this doesn’t happen for Utah.

Do I want Larry to go? yes.  Will I let other programs pull out the pitchforks, yes, yes I will. And will tip my hat to him on the way out.

Duhwayne
                    Ute Fan
                    @duhwayne

“If I’m a Duck or Tree fan.”

LOL.

GameForAnyFuss
                Ute Fan
                @gameforanyfuss

That whooshing sound you heard was my post flying over your head. I was not agreeing with you. I’m saying Larry Scott (he’s got two first names, BTW, like Ricky Bobby) may have done Utah a solid with the PAC 12 invite, but he’s been an utter failure ever since. And this is a “what have you done for me lately” kind of an industry.

The fact that he got us into the conference does not give him leash to screw up the rest of the time, which is exactly what he’s done. Utah fans are right to be critical

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

We’ll always be grateful for the opportunity Utah was given, BUT that was almost a decade ago. TODAY we have to be concerned about the survival of the Pac-12. Scott obviously isn’t concerned about making necessary changes to continue to be relevant in the P-5 world. Without good leadership we will have less interest from key players.

Utah doesn’t have sun and sand to woo kids, they have P-5 affiliation throught the P-12. So if the P-12 takes a dump Utah doesn’t have near the appeal as SoCal Schools.

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

“Utah doesn’t have sun and sand to woo kids, they have P-5 affiliation throught the P-12. So if the P-12 takes a dump Utah doesn’t have near the appeal as SoCal Schools.”

And yet Larry made the bold decision to take Utah. That’s Mega Lottery type luck.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

In other words (according to @whitlessham): Because Scott was commissioner when the Pac12 invited Utah to the Pac12, Utah is forever banned from criticizing Scott.

Oooooookay. Please let us know when Utah fans are allowed to provide constructive criticism, Sir Whitlessham.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Let’s just ignore the year to year loss from the latest earnings report.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 This made me vomit just a little