I got wood?!?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Put that little thing away.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I hate the fact that we play them the first game of the season. We always seem to be so rusty in the season opener and to be playing on the road against a team that is basing the success of their whole season on this one game makes me nervous. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Locker room material.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

It sucks for them to have their “Bowl Game” (biggest game of the season) so early in the season and having nothing to play for after that.  That makes me happy.   Just win, Utes.

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I hate the fact that we play them!  First game, last game, in between, doesn’t matter to me, they are all bad options.

We are a more talented team, better coached, and better recruited.  It is no longer the biggest deal on our schedule like it was pre-PAC12.  Our players, expecially the younger (non-local) ones, are much more likely to look past this game, while the TDS players have a decade of losses (and local revalry knowledge) to motivate them for revenge. 

There is no real winning for us; beat them and we have simply done what is expected; loss, and the entire rest of the year is spent trying to claw back from an embarrassing defeat.

Let’s get this game off the schedule!

Instead, let’s either:

1. add another cupcake, like most of P5 teams do to pad thier win totals (this is my vote until we are actually winning enough to be in play off contention)

2. add a REAL challenge matchup – like an SEC team in a neutral location.  Win this game, and you have something to talk about, lose, and you are certainly not embarrassed.

Let’s get this game off the schedule!

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

Totally agree. Last year sealed the deal for me. I was already done with them, but last year was just icing on the cake. It did NOTHING for us. We beat them with so many second stringers. Why play that game. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

We’re going to run the f**king ball straight down their throats.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

I do like that the Utes will have a seasoned OC at the helm for this one.  Its a change from last year but Ludwig will know how to gradually ramp up the number of plays and complexity of the calls.   If the execution is there with spring and summer camps, I am confident of improvement on oh-fense.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Poor old Derik. His self esteem must be dying on the vine what with BYU being completely irrelevant.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

After going through what he went through (got injured, team docs got him hooked on painkillers by overprescribing, HC kicked him out), I am surprised he is still a fan of the team.  THere is a serious “jilted lover” dynamic going on there.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo This makes me smile