This Wake Forest thing fascinates me.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

SI link

Wake Forest was actually pretty decent this season. The main controversary here obviously is with Louisvile who only seemed to use the stolen material for a half against WF based on the score.

Coaches in the PAC12 that wouldn’t think twice about taking stolen property?  Obviously Rich Rod and Todd Graham. MacIntyre, Whitt, Peterson Shaw and Leach seem like the guys with the most integrity. I have kind of lost a little respect for Mora this season. Former HC Helfrich has shown he bends a lot and Anderson does whatever he wants to further his career. Dykes is a pretty ok guy. Helton is kind of enigma to me. I believe if you are the coach at USC you have to bend rules to win. 

What do you all think if someone provided information that would have got Utah a win against Colorado or Oregon would you take it? Or do you think if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also love this quote from that article:

Louisville spokesperson Rocco Gasparro told the Courier-Journal that Petrino “doesn’t have a comment (on) what appears to be a Wake Forest issue.” Rocco, please: a Wake Forest issue? What?

When Petrino hired his mistress at Arkansas over more qualified candidates, then crashed his motorcycle with her on board and lied about it to his bosses, was that a Harley-Davidson issue?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s kind of crazy.  Was the media guy getting paid for that info?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Idk sounds like he was being an uber dick. Maybe for vengeance or possibly to get s job offer?  If any of schools paid for stolen material this has potential criminal charges and obviously civil. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

didnt Louisville leave some of Wakes game plan written on a whiteboard in their locker room and thats how they found out it was being leaked? Wild

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Wake Forest’s play-by-play guy was leaking the team’s gameplan to its opponents.  That’s a major advantage for the oponents.  Yet, Wake was still able to beat Indiana 33-28.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@Tony  See don’t worry about Indiana even cheating they couldn’t beat a team.  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Isn’t it just as dishonest for a team to take the information and use to its advantage, as it is for the guy to steal the information?

Anonymous
            Inactive

I think it is more dishonest to knowingly take information that is possibly stolen.  Like if you bought a vehicle knowing it was mostly likely stolen.  Ethically you are trying to say I DIDN’T STEAL IT! Hypocrits are always the worst Petrino is no stranger to hypocrisy.  

Charles Satterfield
      @1bamafan

Making so much noise so the visiting team can’t hear the signal is fair? Just one example. However many unfair things we could think of does not excuse breaking the “code”. Heck, even in war there are rules. But yes, fascinating to me as well.

Do you ever wonder if the HOME teams has a headphone that eavesdrops on the Visiting teams headphones? I do.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Barry Switzer once claimed that BYU used to tap the opposition’s phone lines.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I think I trust Switzer less than anything I hear about TDS doing. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This Wake Forest thing fascinates me.