Thoughts

Viewing 3 reply threads

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

– Really depressing game to watch; never felt like we had any hope.

– The announcers mentioned multiple occassions where receivers were open (some were visible on tv), but QB1 either did not see them or could not put the ball in a position for the receiver to catch it. The opportunities are there, but somehow the QBs are just not seeing them.

– Both Huntley and Williams seem to get premature happy feet. ASU only rushed 3 sometimes, and the pressure was not very strong, but Huntley would sometimes roll into the pressure (similar to what Williams had been doing).

– Both our OC and our DC are on the sideline. I recognize that it is nice to interact with the players face to face, but it seems that being on the sidelines prevents the OC/DC from recognizing some strategic opportunities (e.g., plays where receivers are not being covered).

– On the positive side, maybe by starting the losing in October, we can have a better November and see improvement and upward trajectory at the end of the season (instead of a late season collapse). Here’s to hoping.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

TH looked a lot like TW imho…he dialed in almost exclusively on his right side and never scanned the field. HE DID HAVE TIME. But his throwing motion seemed way off on anything down field. I strongly suspect that’s why we resorted to almost 100% screen passes and became laughably predictable. What that means to me is that TH wasn’t close to 100% and the coaches knew it. That p**ses me off. Playing him hurt risks the game as much as playing TW, but it also risks our future, and the kids future.

I want to win, but I don’t want our seasons to die because we use up young players and ruin their bodies more than the normal game already does.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Agreed. Poor decision making by the coaching staff. TW is more than capable of leading this team in a game like that. No need to rush TH back. I’d have been fine with them waiting until November honestly. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Good points, and I hadn’t thought about Taylor/Scalley on the sidelines thing but that makes sense. It does seem like there is a lot they are not seeing, especially on offense.

I thought the same as you – maybe we switched the November slide for October this year. I hope. 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Unfortunately probably more likely that October slides right into November. Oh well wont have to plan my 2 week December vacation around a trash bowl game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.