Thoughts from tonights basketball game (not that it matters) do yourself a favor

Viewing 4 reply threads
      2 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

and find the highlights of this game. Martinez.

First up: Fire Larry

ok…

Martinez… Holy f’n A… That guy is the most athletic player we’ve ever had. Look up the highlights for those of you that missed it. Maybe the most athletic oop, followed up not long later with the most athletic block I’ve ever seen from a Ute guard. Absolutely insane athleticism. He played awesome defense, and even hit some shots, he’s going to be special fellas.

Brandon Carlson: PUKE PUKE PUKE. I was so pumped about his future, and he has seemingly forgotten how to play basketball since last season. He is the weakest center we’ve maybe ever had. Absolutely refuses to go down low on offense, and when he finds himself down there (usually by sheer coincidence) he gets owned by Idaho State and Vandal big men. Absolutely pathetic. He should have come back this year with 10 pounds of muscle minimum, and he came back weaker than last year. Did he commit a crime while on vacation in some third world country and get thrown in some internment camp for the entire offseason? Unbelievable how pathetic he is in his big man duties. Bad enough that the team played better with Lahat on the floor. Yes, that guy.

Allen hit several outside shots. Huh???

If you missed this game, you missed a chance to see some amazingly athletic plays by Martinez, and a whole lot of bad basketball. Our full court press got beat like a drug by a winless idaho Vandals team. Terrible terrible coaching.

Larry has no idea how to coach a game other than inbounds plays (Martinez’s awesome oop came off of one of those).

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I agree, if we had a good big man for 30 minutes, we would have a much better team.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know WTF happened to Carlson. He was a scrappy player last year. He wasn’t afraid to bang in the post, and occasionally dunk over defenders. He was essentially useless against a TERRIBLE Idaho Vandals squad that he should have been able to dominate. I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed in a Ute basketballer’s development.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Martinez is only going to get better. It’s been….well I don’t remember the last time Utah had a perimeter player that athletic. His head was up at the rim on the ally op. his arms are a mile long evidenced by that run by blocked shot in the corner.

The more confident and comfortable he gets the better he’ll get.

Timmy Allen is Timmy Allen 25 minutes 22 points just solid and consistent.

Rylan didn’t need to score tonight. 7 assists with 0 turnovers is always good

Larsson is so smooth. Luka Doncic 2.0

Plummber is playing with a lot of confidence right now. Defenders have to respect his outside game which allows him to drive to the basket and finish which he does very well.

Jantunen DNP broken nose.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind if everyone else on the team transferred.

Carlson gets bullied and pushed around by lesser big men. He doesn’t have the outside game to be a stretch 4

Battin is so slow and not athletic. When he’s not hitting shots like tonight he’s pretty much useless.

Lahat has put in the work but after 3 seasons he’s nothing more then a end of bench guy.

Larry was supposed to be a big man whisperer but Carlson, Battin, and Lahat beg to differ.

Brenchly played in 30 games last season but because of better talent has been relegated to the bench this season. Hello Weber State can I play with you?

Players like Wenzel and Kellier really bring nothing to the table.

Larry needs to improve the frontcourt. This is a borderline NCAA tournament team but with a true low post C to defend and rebound it could be a Pac12 contender and a legitimate tournament team.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I’m genuinely disappointed with Carlson. He HAS the frame and potential to be an excellent big. He still has time. As p**sed as I am about his lack of physical development, I’m even more upset about his regression in attitude. He used to be an aggressive defender and rebounder. Such a shame.

Kellier, I disagree about him a bit. He has the potential to be an excellent defender. Our perimeter d could be outstanding with him, Martinez, and pelle.

Battin is useless. Miki is better.

Our s$c guy needs to be fired.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Guys. Larry doesn’t develop bigs. Never has. Just one of many things that Larry is terrible at.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

What about the ones 6’9″ and above in the NBA?

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Are you referring to Poertl and Kuzma. Cause Purtle came into utah a beast and Kuzma I would argue has been better in the NBA than he ever was at utah. In fact Larry underutilized him.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Thoughts from tonights basketball game (not that it matters) do yourself a favor