Thoughts on Oline and Oregon

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

I rewatched the AZ game. Rising seemed to get pressured quite a bit more than in prior games. Knowing that Oregon’s D is better than AZ do you think we have a repeat of the 2019 game where Huntley spent a good deal of his time getting pressured? Honeslty, I’m worried that our Oline will not stand up well with UO pressure. I hope I’m wrong but if AZ could get to him I don’t see how they stop Oregon from doing it. Thoughts…

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

I found this interesting. UA definitely is not a powerhouse, but I am surprised where they rank in the PAC for total defense.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/team/_/view/defense/stat/total/group/9
      PAC-12 Team Stats

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Key to the game. Both lines will need to be great.

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

I agree but does our Oline have the ability to be good enough?

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

We usually don’t know if our line is good enough for Oregon until we play them. This is because Oregon lines are on another level than the rest of our competition. USC might be the only comp, but I don’t think they’re comparable this year.

Wazzu coaches said their QB couldn’t get his feet set against Oregon. They’re disruptive and Khavon is very disruptive.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

U of A’s D is remarkably better than their record suggests.

Remember, that in Eugene, they had UO on the ropes into the 4th.

Don Brown’s their DC.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Zona threw five interceptions in that game. Including a fourth quarter pick six. Thibodeaux didnt play much either.  

Utah’s special teams is what made the game close. Defense made key mistakes of course. Refs sucked to. Not an apples to apples comparison game. Utah shut the door pretty convincingly with the final Rising led drive despite penalties. Utah defense sacked sacked FTW. 

Zona was hyped on senior night just after their Covid related win. 

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Saying U of A threw 5 picks in that game & still kept it a 5 pt game after 3 quarters only validates my point….Do you ever watch any PAC-12 games outside of ours? U of A clearly had UO on the ropes IN EUGENE till late & it was clear as day to anybody actually watching the game.

My point is, we were up against a dangerous team last Saturday at their place that’s better than their record indicates….This was clear from the stands where I took it in from.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah I agree with you. It doesn’t seem that way after I read my post. The comparison in games doesn’t fit though.

Zona is better than their record yes. But Utah played down and maybe Oregon did. I watched part of the game in Eugene. 

I have said this all year. Oregon is a dangerous second half team. Utah needs to play an almost Stanford level game to win. 

7 2

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Strange to say, but I personally think Rising and his accuracy of late is more if an issue this week…

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Do you think that was due to the pressure or just bad throws?

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Accuracy issues have been over several games. Possibly the pressure causing bad throws, but he missed several wide open receivers and also missed wildly with a few throws.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Both Oregon and Zona D have given up about 350 yards per game. Is Oregon really that much better. They have a bigger name in Timmy dough.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

They’re better on many many levels from players to coaching. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I just read that Utah only allowed three pressures all game against AZ.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Rising seemed off on a few of his throws. Enis had a drop that would have extended a drive. Utah offensively did pretty good. It was the defense that needed to play better. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Rising was high on a few throws which is typically when the QB isn’t able to follow through. I think most, if not all, were when he was moving so it’s hard to say whether it’s a mechanical issue or just a one-off. He hasn’t been completing 80% of his passes but that’s a pretty high bar.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

It is a high bar. I heard someone on the radio a few weeks back speak about his motion. They were saying the end of some of his throws is off. This is probably due to his his injury. It’s a typical issue that QB’s have after an injury of this nature. It usually gets better the year after the first year back.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on Oline and Oregon