Thoughts on the schedule:

Viewing 4 reply threads
      4 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Thursday night game, those are fun. I’m ok with the games. I wish we were big time and could schedule harder teams, but we aren’t and our fans are ridiculous (see, this year) and if I was Whitt there is no chance in hell I’d ever schedule up OOC. Fans are calling for Whitt’s head in a year that follows arguably three of our top 6 best seasons ever. SMFH.

At Northern Illinois – classic trap game. We should win, but it will be a test.

Wash at Utah – I wish it were USC. I like having that game early in the season. I get why they moved it later. It’s a great game. Utah should be good. A ranked Utah vs a ranked USC is a great game for tv.

It’s good to have a tough game early. I like it.

Bye week – wish it was a week later, but not a terrible spot.

Utah @ WSU – WSU has a down year. Should be a win

now time for the killer:

@Stanford on Sat. Friday game with Arizona at home. USC at home on Sat. UCLA in the road on a Friday. That’s killer. Two short weeks with Stanford at the beginning and USC in the middle.

That might be a 1-3 stretch. It’s at least one guaranteed loss. That sucks.

The end of the season is pretty easy Utah should go 3-1 or 4-0.

Looks like another 9+ win season. I’ll be at the Stanford game. Woohoo!

1 1

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

I think its crazy to not schedule up the OOC. It shows your flaws much earlier and allows you to make adjustments to your team. Fans for every school go nuts every year. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Can you imagine if we had played a P5 school instead of SJSU or Fresno or whoever we played this year and lost?

We’d need two wins in two games to go bowling and fans would be rioting. 

I agree with the fans bit, but I don’t think it will happen here because fans are too unrealistic in their expectations. 

Goal #1 is to go bowling every year. 

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

On the flip side we could have won the game and been clicking a bit more. Even if we lost we could have shored up some of our flaws earlier in the season. Sometimes I think the easy OOC schedule allows guys to develop some bad habits that are hard to fix once the big boys come rolling in. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

A lot of our problem is injuries. We are what we are. An upper mid level P5 team. If you add another P5 team, you add more injuries. 

Not a good thing. 

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Calling my shot.  Next year we win the South.  We sit most of our starters for the BYU game and beat them anyway.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

FIFTEEN SACKS! er, wait.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Holy hell. Are we even going to end the season with 15 sacks? 

Depending on the scheme, I’d gladly take 15 INTs. 

Our defense has not been disruptive at all this year. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I approve this message.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

When I first saw the sked I groaned at the prospect of playing UW in our third game… but then after thinking about it, this might be the best possible scenario. If you look at how UW has played the past 2-3 years, it has always taken them about 3-4 games to knock off the rust… so getting them early might work in our favor, but even if we lose it’s early in the season so it won’t cost us long-term assuming we take care of business as the season progresses. BUT… that middle stretch is a killer, without a doubt. The good news is the two toughest games (USC & Zona) will be at home, and Stanford graduates more personnel than we do and we always play them close… but we could as easily go 1-3 as 3-1 in this stretch… anyway, this is what we wanted from life in the Pac12, right?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah will not be ranked to start the season. 

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Assuredly not. But that’s definitely nothing new.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on the schedule: