Thoughts on UW winning the north by cancelation?

Viewing 2 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Our 2 losses are to the presumptive north/south champs for what its worth. 

Tough to feel bad for Oregon, they should have won games, Colorado on the other hand is getting screwed if they beat us. 

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’d be livid if I was a Colorado fan

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

If everything goes right, it won’t be an issue any longer for Colorado after about 1:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Go Utes!

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Colorado screwed us in our first year in the Pac12.  It’s our turn to return the favor.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Even if we do pull the upset tomorrow I think the conference championship should still be USC vs Colorado.

Assuming USC and Colorado both win this weekend conference leadership would be absolutely stupid to not match those two up in the championship.  An undefeated Pac-12 champion could have a legit argument to be involved in the playoff discussion at the end of all of this.  Pac-12 leadership hasn’t shown much foresight this year though so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Big Ten switched gears on their rules, so we should be OK to switch ours now.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

If the Big10 jumped off a cliff would the Pac-12? Don’t answer that.

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

Absolutely.  Larry Scott owes it to this conference to do whatever he can to get a team even in the playoff discussion.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

Honestly–in a year like this, some people may be upset at first.  But long-term, no one is really going to care.  I say have the best two teams play.  Period.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

Essentially NO chance PAC12 is in the playoffs this year.  Got off to way too late a start.

Do feel for Colorado if they run the table and misses the conference title game.  At least Indiana had their chance and lost to the Buckeyes.

jamarcus24
              Ute Fan
              @jamarcus24

I don’t think the Pac-12 stands of chance of making the playoff this year either.  Even if USC wins out I still think the committee would put a 1-loss Texas A&M into the Playoff over an undefeated USC but it would be nice for Larry Scott to make things happen here that would at least put USC into the discussion.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Agreed. At best they’ll get two NY6 games but that’s highly unlikely.

Trailgoat
              Ute Fan
              @utahgoat

Not enough games to tell how good/bad the P12 is compared teams playing twice as many games. USC would be the only close contender for a NY6 game if they win out. No way top 4 play-off is a chance. Larry Scott wants USC to win at all costs to include the other P12 teams. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I think the CCG needs to remain the best north against the best south.  They play a different set of games that are not the same.  Not the first or last time the best two will come from the same division.  The Big 10 had poor rules for division champs.  I am ok with their move.  Without cancelations and more games the standings would look different.  Colorado, like the Y should just be glad they have a successful season with an asterist.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on UW winning the north by cancelation?