Tillman is now in the transfer portal

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 3

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

So much for a leave of absence from the game to take care of his mom. Death, taxes, and talented young players leaving the basketball program.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I always was under the impression that he was going to transfer to a school close to his mother.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Maybe I misunderstood, but everything that was reported just said he was taking a leave of absence from the program for a year to go be with his mom. Otherwise why wouldn’t it have just been reported he was transferring?

I doubted he would return, but thought the door was still open. I guess we’ll see where he ends up.

I don’t mean any ill will towards Donnie. He should be free to go play wherever he wants. If he transfers to UNLV to go be close to his mom more power to him. Just real frustrating that we can’t keep any cohesion with our best players and start seeing some progression with the program.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I expected this all along. 

9 2

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Did he get advice from Derek Fisher? 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

This is what I was thinking. Timing seemed weird. I honestly thought he would stay one more year and then transfer after he graduated. Sounds like he is going to take a year off look after his mom and then ply somewhere else or go try his luck in the NBA.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Welp. There goes my hope, out the window.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

YYYYYYYQQQQQRRRRRGGGG!!!!! I GIVE UP ON THIS PROGRAM.

I assumed he would be returning after a year to manage family health.  And was vocally suppurtive, of a kid making, “the correct choice”.  

If he ends up transferring to a school in “walking distance” of his mother, I PROMISE, I’ll take this back.

If he goese elsewhere….

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!  This program, it seems will turn out to be the immeptus for the transfer portal!

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

me too.  im sorta in agreeance to this whole transfer issue that coack ‘K’ has.  i know every school has it and we are seeing more and more of these transfer kids because of new rules.  however, something in the program tells me that these kids aren’t happy.  

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Tillman is now in the transfer portal