Time to start Jayce

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Jace is improving and rebounding well. He’s moving the opposite direction of Collette, who seems to be regressing. I think perhaps Collette is already done with college basketball in his mind. It’s time to start Jayce.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

I had my doubts about Jayce but I agree, he seems to be progressing. I would agree with you about Collette. I’m glad he transferred to us and has given us solid production. However, his rebounding is really pathetic though and his balance is horrible. I’ve never seen a big man get tangled up on the ground as often as him.

It might be just me… but when Jayce runs, he looks really awkward. Anyone else see it?

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

Jayce is not going to win any awards for grace or style, that’s for sure.  But overtime, he is learning to be quite productive with the gifts the good lord gave him.  Meanwhile David has been somewhat disappointing.  I feel like he has regressed a bit since last year.  I wonder if his shooting percentage would confirm, but sure seems like he misses a lot of chippies this year compared to last.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Jayce may benefit by taking a dance class or yoga or something.  Seriously.  Probably would have helped Collette as well.

Grayshirt
        Ute Fan
        @grayshirt

I haven’t seen but a few games.  I watch a game very early in the season and it looked to me that Jace was not will he ever be a PAC12 level guy.  You could just see it by the way he moved.  Then I saw him again last night and what an improvement.  He didn’t stick out as clumsy or awkward.  He looked like a guy who belongs on the court and was playing with a lot of effort.

Great job to the coaches and to Jace for working so hard to get better.  I’m hoping he can stay hungry and just keep improving.

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

He didn’t stick out as clumsy or awkward.”

Let’s not get crazy here… I have a feeling that statement may never be true. Dude’s feet must be size 25s.

Don’t get me wrong, he was very productive and getting more productive all the time, but his freethrows look more like a seizure than a shot, he is all elbows and knees, by appearances, he is a hot mess. But I’ll take the box score over the smooth polished appearance anytime.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Since he shoots nearly 60% FG, rebounds well and plays decent defense, and is only a Sophomore Utah should give him all the minutes he can handle.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

Last night was by far his best game. He looked quicker and more decisive. Loved the rebound where he threw the tiny guard from asu on the ground ripping the ball away.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Loved the rebound where he threw the tiny guard from asu on the ground ripping the ball away.

YES. This. Seems like Collette might be outrebounded by a ballerina.

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

I want him to get as many minutes as possible. Jace is the future at the post position and over the past couple games has deserved to get more minutes. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Time to start Jayce