Tony Finau win today

Viewing 2 reply threads
      21 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am glad to see a local kid win.  Good for him!

6 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I don’t care that I get a thumbs down (I get plenty) but why Tony Finau?  Just curious.

He is a Ute fan and the cougar board is upset now they learned he is a Ute.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

I played with Tony and his brother Gipper 20 years ago. He flat out beat me and he was 10 years old at the time. I was able to recover my ego and now I’m proud to say I played with this great representative of our community during his childhood. Congrats Tony! We’re all proud of you!

HoosierUte
          Ute Fan
          @hoosierute

I had a similar experience with him at Bonneville. I was fairly new to the game in college, my buddy already knew who he was as a local hotshot high school golfer. We played the front 9 with him and his brother or cousin. They absolutely crushed us. At the turn, they politely asked if we minded if they played ahead, we did not. 

If at that age I could mop the floor with some mid-twenties colleges kids, I would have been the c**kiest prick out there. Tony was the opposite, seems like a genuinely good dude. Very happy for his success. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

From KW on Tony Finau:

“Awesome! Congratulations Tony Finau. Go Utes; go Tony Finau,” Whittingham said Monday. “He’s at our games all the time.”

Whittingham added that when he’s golfed with Finau, “it’s a different sport that he plays from what I play.”

Anonymous
          Inactive

Ok… so

What I think I’m seeing here is mormons trying to claim a mormon athelete who didn’t go to either school – as there own.. lol!

Honestly this is what makes Utah so fetching (mormon word) weird!

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Pace, not everything has to be about religion.

Redblood
            Ute Fan
            @redblood

Tony is definitely a Ute fan. Are you saying you can’t root for a team you didn’t attend?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

From KW on Tony Finau:

“Awesome! Congratulations Tony Finau. Go Utes; go Tony Finau,” Whittingham said Monday. “He’s at our games all the time.”

Whittingham added that when he’s golfed with Finau, “it’s a different sport that he plays from what I play.”

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

He’s a local guy and just a good dude. I think that’s why people like him. 

Read an article on him years ago and the first course he ever played was the old par 3 in Rose Park. Played that one a few times myself. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I assume a majority of UH.c users live in the Salt Lake area. I’d be interested to know what percentage are not local. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The thumbs down is from a zoob that lurks here I’m sure.

1 1

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

Yeah, the CB uproar, that was my doing….

🤷‍♂️

Regardless of fan affiliation, it is pretty cool that a local kid is ranked #1 in the PGA FedEx Cup rankings

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He finally got the monkey off his back.  Had been in contention many times. Findally did it. Fantastic. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Tony Finau win today