too funny

Viewing 2 reply threads
      9 1

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

with all the rumors coming out about Urban, I thought this was too funny.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Urban’s first public statement

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

If what Urban says is true, then he has done nothing wrong. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

2 1

S.CarolinaUte
          Ute Fan
          @s-carolinaute

He lied when asked the question last week by saying “i knew nothing until i was texted last night”  Funny how the asst coach appeared on the radio station this morning and told about his conversation he had with Urban back in 2015, then all of a sudden Urban decides to make a statement saying “my bad”. Don’t think he had a choice about making a statement  after the radio program. To me it just don’t pass the smell test.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Like he said in his statement, if the question came out of left field and flustered him, I get why he’d answer that way. It’s not right, but I’m the end, of what he says is true, it’s not a big deal. 

S.CarolinaUte
              Ute Fan
              @s-carolinaute

We can agree to diagree,  Urban fired him the day before the big 10 media day and then claims he wasn’t expecting that question?

Really?

Guess living here in SEC territory makes me a bit suspect after hearing what everyone says bout his florida program days.

3 1

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Well, except for (a) lying to the media, and (b) keeping a known spousal abuser on his staff for 3 years.

1 2

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Unfortunately, if every spouse abuser was unemployed, it’s pathetic how few would be employable. 

Hopefully this story will start to shed light on this problem and we, as a society can start making changes. 

Our grandparents grew up in a time when it was ok to “discipline” their wives. It’s disgusting and hopefully this will help us move past that. 

But to hurt Urban for having a guy on staff that Urban reported and nothing happened to him…I’m not sure that’s on Urban. That’s not his job. 

If Urban covered things up, then that’s a problem. But, from what we know so far, Urban did what he was supposed to do. 

1 1

gUrthBrooks
              Ute Fan
              @hammer

Uhhhh. “Ok to discipline their wives.” I never heard of that.

RedLine
                Ute Fan
                @redline

@hammer um, confused.  Semantics?  Zach Smith and grabbing his wife by neck…  Different arugment somehow?  Not sure your point, but pretty sure most respectable men are not aruguing about a post against spouse abuse…  

1 1

gUrthBrooks
                  Ute Fan
                  @hammer

Read his post again. “Our grandparents grew up in a time when it was ok to discipline their wives.” I’ve never heard of that from great great grandparents.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I fixed it for you. To post a tweet, just post the tweet URL on its own line.

2 1

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

We all love what Urban did for Utah football but it’s time to pull our heads out of the sand and admit this guy has some very serious ethical problems to say the least.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I think the real question as it pertains to us as Utah fans is, did he have those same ethical problems when he was at Utah? I’m inclined to say no – my wife work for the AD’s office at that time and she said Urban ran a very tight ship as far as anyone at the AD’s office knew.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he started having to be a bit more shady when he went to Florida. I think it’s well known that you have to be a bit less ethical to win down there.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.