Top 25 or not?

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Just took a quick look at a couple teams in the top 25. (AP)

Wisconsin and Michigan St. both have a win against a “top 10” team, however both have a loss to a top 25 team and a loss to an unranked team. Penn St. has not beat a top 25 team and a loss to a top 5 team and an unranked team.

Utah has a win against a Top 14 team on the road and both of our losses are against top 25 teams, well WSU is 25.

WSU only lost one game, to USC, but has not beat a top 25 team. Should be be top 25? Head to head comparison with the Big Ten’s teams, I’d say yes.

The coach’s poll loves Wisconsin, still has them at #19 with two losses, vs 23 in the AP. Coach’s poll has Mich St at 28.

The coach’s poll also has 5 Pac12 teams ranked, #11 Oregon, #14 Washington, #23 Washington St, #24 Stanford #25 Colorado.

I think the coach’s poll is probably more accurate, however Wisconsin shouldn’t be top 25 in my opinion.

Just a few observations.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yes and no. Our only losses are to top 25 teams and we have a top 15 win. 

Many other conference and we’d be ranked. 

But we are Utah, so no. The good news is, if we win out, we will be top 5 after the bowl game. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Top 25 or not?